Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Iberostar 70 Park Avenue

isobel530
By isobel530,
in

I'm trying to HOTWIRE a room for 1 traveler, two nights, 12/3-5. I'd like a 4* in Manhattan, preferably the zones below Central Park, ideally also above Wall Street/Financial District. I'm hoping to come in below $200/night, if possible. I see this listing for 189/nt:

4-star Hotel in Lower East Side - East Village area

Sun, Dec 03 - Tue, Dec 05  1 Room,  2 Adults

80% recommended Good (539 reviews)    (1000 - 501 reviews)

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Hotel chooses bed type or 1 king for 189, 2 doubles for 214

I'm intuiting from the Tripadvisor ratings that this is the Holiday Inn NYC Lower East Side (725 reviews on TripAdvisor, 4.0 of 5), which doesn't appeal to me.

Two questions: 

1) am I misguided to think I can get a room below $200 for these dates?

2) I'm hesitant about staying in the Financial District because I'd rather a more New York experience (I'd like to be in a more "neighborhood" part if I can). From limited experience I'm thinking FD is not going to suit, though the hotels are cheaper there. Am I wrong? Please advise. I'm happy to take the subway if needed.

Thank you for your advice!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB and click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

If you see on HOTWIRE:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $189.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  I'll agree that the Holiday Inn LES is a likely possibility here.

Is your desired budget $200 "all in" or $200 max before taxes/fees? I see a number of options under $200 before taxes/fees, which is fairly unusual for this period. Traditionally, the first couple of weeks of December are one of the busiest/most expensive periods of the year due to high traffic for holiday shopping/festivities. 

Also seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $152.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Tryp Times Square South has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess. Total works out to be a bit under $200 "all-in" per night. Other 4* and higher options on PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE are more expensive, though.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to research and offer further suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for your reply, AaronJB. When I use the Bidding Helper tool (helpful indeed) I do see the list of amenities above for the Holiday Inn LES. I think that's likely it.

Budget-wise I'd like to keep it around $450 all in if I can. I have a bit of wiggle room but $500 would be a hard limit.

Thanks also for the heads up on the potential Tryp Times Square listing. I had sorted the list to 80% recommended and above, and was missing some possibilities because of it. 

Right now it seems I have these three options: the Theatre District / possible Tryp TS hotel, and the two below: 

I'm also seeing this room in Theatre District - Midtown West for  171.00 USD per room per night: perhaps the Yotel? 

(75% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

And this one in WTC for 177/night: the Club Quarters World Trade Center? 

World Trade Center - Wall Street

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center and more...

(85% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Any advice identifying these two would be appreciated. I likely won't book tonight but will return tomorrow AM to book through the links above.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Theater District - Midtown West for $171.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Yotel has been seen with this amenity set previously and that would be my best guess here.

4* HOTWIRE World Trade Center - Wall Street for $176.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Holiday Inn Financial District.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm wondering if you could help me ID this PRICELINE EXPRESS deal:

4-Star Hotel
Downtown - Wall Street  
Hotel Amenities:  Free Internet        Bed Choice        Business Center        Fitness Center      Non Smoking        Restaurant (on the next page, we get:  Business Center Restaurant Free Internet Fitness Center No Smoking Rooms/Facilities)
Bed Choice Available
8+ Guest Rating 1100 verified guest reviews
$179

1 Queen Bed - Club Room - Free Wifi$179/night

Queen Bed - Standard Room - Free Wifi$192/night

Queen Bed - Superior Room - Free Wifi, Kitchenette$206/night

Queen Bed - Suite - Free Wifi, Kitchenette$259/night

Possibly the Club Quarters World Trade Center or Club Quarters Wall Street? CQ-WTC has "club" rooms available in the $190s prepaid for that date.

Also, Manhattanites: does anyone know this neighborhood? Is it interesting/friendly? I'm envisioning tons of skyscrapers and possibly everything closed at 5p when business ends. I would rather be closer to Central Park or Union Square if possible, but am trying to keep this trip under $450 all in if I can.

I've got a separate thread going with some Hotwire possibilities and will update both when I make a final choice and book through links.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $179
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Given the set of room options and cust rating, best guess would be the Club Quarters.

This would definitely not be a central location - if you are going to spend a lot of time in Midtown, it's time/cost to get back/forth.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $196.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess here would be the Blakely. I'm seeing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page so the underlying property does get good reviews. While a bit over the desired max (if you use the HOTWIRE promotion in my signature, that's $30 off which brings the total to $478 and change), but it does offer breakfast.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further help.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:31 AM, isobel530 said:

does anyone know this neighborhood?

Downtown - Wall St. does get quiet after business hours and on the weekends, but less so today then 10+ years ago as there is now residential development on the West Side so there are more places that are staying open that cater to the local community, but it's still not the same as staying in 'midtown'.  The South Street Seaport, 911 memorial, and New York Stock Exchange are all downtown.

Why not the previously guessed Tryp Times Square South?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. I'm traveling on business and I'm worried I'm going to get flak for booking a 4.5* with the Tryp Times Square, even if it really is the cheapest option (I know it doesn't make sense, but there you go). I wound up finding this 4* in Midtown East (Hotwire) for $197/nt, which turned out to be the Iberostar 70 Park Avenue. I'm pretty happy with it--closer to the action and in budget enough to keep the office happy.  Thanks for the help!

4-star Boutique Hotel in Midtown East area

Complimentary
Free Internet
Amenities
Boutique hotelBusiness centerFitness centerPet friendlySmoke-free rooms
Accessibility
Accessible for visually impairedAccessible for hearing impaired

Congrats on your success.

Very nice win for this well-reviewed former Kimpton. Glad you are pleased with the result and were able to find a good deal for a hotel that works well for your travel plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches. Can you confirm if there were additional amenities associated with this listing before purchase? This information can be found under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account or before purchase by going to BiddingHelper.com, clicking the "Hotwire Easy View" tab then the green "Full Amenities" button. Thank you, it's greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]