Hotwire Hotel: Manhattan, New York

harpi
By harpi,
in

First time at this, pls help identify hotels below.

Preference: 4* - Times Square North, Central Park South, Rockefeller Ctr

Dates: Sat, Jun 23 - Sat, Jun 30 2018 - 7 nights

Budget (including resort fee): $1500-1800

Beds: must have 2 beds

Amenities: Non-smoking, free internet

Purpose: Sightseeing for seniors in 60s

------

4-star Hotel in Central Park South area | 80%

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

2 double beds

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Children's activities, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom see less

$216.00 per night

-------

3.5-star Hotel in Times Square South area  | 90%

2 full beds

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center

$201.00 per night

-------

3.5-star Hotel in Times Square North area  | 80%

2 double beds

Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel

$200.00 per night

-----

Understand Priceline doesn't offer bed selection?

Am I booking too early for best price?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To get started need to clarify...

1 hour ago, harpi said:

Beds: must have 2 beds

Are you two people in the room who do not want to share one bed... or will you be more than double occupancy?

I'm assuming that a pullout sofabed is not sufficient for the second 'bed'?

Please confirm the above as we'll then be a better position to research your options and advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the offers in your original post I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each:

4* HOTWIRE Central Park South for $188.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> best guess would be the Park Central Hotel New York 

For the 3.5* Times Square South i'm seeing fewer amenities vs. what you have listed above as i'm seeing this one:

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
==> the Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square would be my best guess here

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $180.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> The Belvedere Hotel would be my guess for this one

Another way to go about this is to search HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child.  Since HOTWIRE guarantees accommodations for everyone that you include in your search the room assigned should have at least 2 beds in it (the second bed may be an 'actual' bed, but there is a possibility that the second bed is a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc). 

Let us know if any of the above are of interest (and how it goes if you move forward with one of them) or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]