Hotwire Hotel: Quad Occupancy - 2 x Twin Beds?

btkc
By btkc,
in

Hi everyone,

I've narrowed down a hotel I've been looking at in NYC for quad occupancy (4 adults). It's a bit pricier than a hotel we've got a reservation at already (with free cancellation of course) but would be worth it depending on the room we get. I say that because the hotel's website lists a "Standard Twin Room" with two twin beds in a very small room (we don't want this!) whereas the only rooms we've seen listed with two double beds (which is what HW listed in their bed choice) is a much larger, almost suite-style, room.

Should I be afraid that the hotel will end up giving us a standard twin room and expect 4 adults to sleep in it? If the HW bed choice is for two double beds, how much can I hold them to that if it comes down to it?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I"m very familiar with NYC... what are the specifics of your stay and the property you're seeing above (dates, zone, room rate per nite, hotel you believe it is, etc)?  What hotel do you have reserved as a back-up and for how much (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, i should have asked the amenities that are showing for the HOTWIRE property, is this the one:

4* HOTWIRE Union Square - Flatiron for $310.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> if this is the one you're seeing i don't think this is the Roxbury... my guess for this hotel would be the The Marcel at Gramercy

The Watson is the recently re-branded Holiday Inn which isn't really the most centrally located property for the average visitor, imo.

If you need to be watching your budget i would recommend:

4* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $252.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side.  This is also not the most centrally located, but it's do-able, it's in the Lower East Side which is an area going thru a transformation right now with lots of new restaurants, bars, boutiques, cafes, etc. opening... it's a better reviewed property (and better location, imo) than The Watson

However, my first suggestion would be:

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $317.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess for this one would be the EVEN Hotel Times Square South which i think would be a better option than all of the above (also note the Hotwire Coupon that was just added earlier today).  This property does not give a 2 Bed Choice option, but HOTWIRE guarantees that all rooms will accommodate the number of guests included in your search.  While this can mean the second 'bed' is a pullout sofabed or a rollaway, but if you look at the options for the EVEN Hotel Times Square South you'll see that the only rooms that accommodate 4 guests is the 2 Double Bed Room (so while no guarantees, i think that would be the room type assigned.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do  and how it goes or if we can be of further help with your plans this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info!

We're flying in/out of Newark so being close to Penn Station is good too. Would you have any other suggestions on midtown-ish hotels? Since we've got something to fall back on we're not super rushed or anything. How often are the HW inventories updated?

2 hours ago, btkc said:

Since we've got something to fall back on we're not super rushed or anything.

But your back-up hotel is vastly inferior to the guessed 4.5* Madision Square Garden property.  Assuming we're correct with this being the Even Hotel Times Square South, this is currently the #13 ranked hotel in NYC... what more would you want than this? (note that your back-up hotel is #358)

You're also searching for quad occupancy which, especially in NYC, will typically limit your options and/or increase the price.

The point of booking a refundable rate is so that you're protected in case rates rise, but also in a position to take advantage of a better opportunity that comes along... i think that opportunity has just presented itself.  It's your trip, but my suggestion would be take it before HOTWIRE makes the decision for you (by having it no longer appear in the search results).

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide.

This is also one of the busiest times of the year in NYC, as it's prime time for holiday festivities/holiday shopping. Given how this period at least traditionally is, there is definite risk of listings going away and/or prices going higher. The Even Hotels are a newer chain from IHG which seems to be going over very well with guests - there's only four locations so far, all of which actually get 4.5/5 on tripadvisor currently. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]