Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Cherry Hill, NJ) Crowne Plaza Philadelphia/Cherry Hill Hotel

jimaleg
By jimaleg,
in

3.5 star Philly Airport

1 night 11/4/17

Express $89

Airport Shuttle Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking

Pets Allowed Restaurant Swimming Pool

7+ Guest Rating 500 verified guest reviews

We choose the hotel, you save 34%

EXPRESS DEAL

SAVE 34%

I don't care about being at the airport.  I'm driving from DC and want to go sightseeing in the historic area of Philly.  Cheapest Hotels in Historic Penn, UniversityCity and City Center east and west for 4 star  on Express was 3* for $184 and 4* in historic Penn is $227.   I bid up to 101 for this Sat for 4*s in the 4 aforementioned areas with no luck (4.5 star for Univ City).  So I'm moving down to 3.5 star and the airport came up for $89 on express. I'd like to stay around $100 (with fees for 3.5 star). I'm pretty sure I can get the airport express deal on NYP for $100 including fees (I have a 10% express I may use if bidding goes over $80)

First question: any idea what hotel is the above described?

2nd Opinion:  Any other areas besides the airport (and the aforementioned 4 star zones) that are convenient and safe to the historic area? I see a cheapie express 3.5 star in

Trevose Bensalem for $41 but other than being North of Philly, I have no idea whether this area is safe but I can see it's not as convenient as the airport from DC (but the price is right). Any opinions on what hotel it might be and what the area is like.  I will have a car.  Thanks in advance!

3.5-Star Hotel

Free Internet Free Parking Business Center Fitness Center

Non Smoking Restaurant Swimming Pool

EXPRESS DEAL

SAVE 52%

$ 41

Best guesses / comments regarding the above (confirm your dates on the landing pages after clicking any links provided below) :

3.5* Philadelphia Airport for $89
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

3.5* Trevose - Bensalem for $41
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Unfortunately i don't know much about the Trevose - Bensalem area, but i don't think the airport is that convenient to 'downtown'... not to mention you will then also need to deal with parking once you're in the city (besides street spots being metered, there are also residential parking permit restrictions as well).  If you do end up driving into the city, we one parked at this location which is on the outskirts of the city but easy enough to walk to:

Gateway Parking Garage

Their website indicates $7 weekend rate (although i don't know if that's per 24 hours on the weekend or per calendar day... it was $5/day when we were there a couple of years ago)

Mt. Laurel is on the NJ side and a pretty straight drive into the city... although i will add that Mt. Laurel itself is a bit 'cookie cutter'.  There is a deli that i know of there (Chick's Deli) that makes great cheesesteaks (and chicken cheesesteaks), and i'm sure there are other hidden gems, but as it was explained to me by a friend who lives locally, they have almost every chain restaurant/store known to mankind.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate your advice and guess.  How confident are you in your guess on the airport? (I don't care so much for Bensalem so don't worry about that unless you think my guess is pretty good)

My guess was DoubleTree for the airport 3.5 star and Holiday Inn for 3.5 Bensalem. 

You see I was really hoping for a IHG or Hilton Honors property but if you're confident on your guesses then I'll definitely NOT go for either one.

I agree the airport is not that "convenient" to downtown but relative to Trevose-Bensalem it is : (). 

Because I have my car I didn't mind being out of the 3 downtown zones (Plus I don't really want to pay over $120 PLUS Hotel Parking (which is where I was at with my 101 last bid for 4 stars for the 3 downtown zones)......Maybe I'll go for Mt Laurel....like I say I really want a IHG or Hilton Honors property!

I will bid through your site.  Let me know what you think....you're usually right and Philly can use some current posts!

I would definitely agree with the Sheraton guess on the airport property.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the link below.)

3.5* Cherry Hill, NJ for $71
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Guess here would be the Crowne Plaza Cherry Hill. There is no guarantee that a hotel will honor rewards program benefits for a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservation, but Crowne Plaza is IHG. Would this possibility be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

To  add to AaronJB's comments...

16 minutes ago, jimaleg said:

My guess was DoubleTree for the airport 3.5 star

I'm doubtful the PHL is the Doubletree since, as far as i know, the Doubletree Philadelphia Airport is not pet friendly (service animals only)

For the Bensalem property i have no way to exclude the Holiday Inn from being a viable candidate (as i can reasonably do for the PHL property) but i think the Radisson is a better guess / more likely outcome.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Glad to see you received the hotel, and brand, that you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

It was a nice property....pool was closed but it's outdoor....huge property/complex (14 floors). Near an excellent Sicilian restaurant in Collingswood...I even got club level (no service on weekends) but 12th floor view of River/Lake and Philly in the distance plus 2 comp drinks for being IHG Gold.  Given the prices of (3.5*-4) hotels and parking near the historic district....this was a relative bargain (if you have a car) especially since I decided to bid (and now you can see that express is  just under 10% higher than NYP!).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]