Hotwire Hotel: Central Park South 5 Star help

mgut53
By mgut53,
in

Looking at a 5 star hotel in the Central Park South area for early December 2017 (6-10).  I am trying to ID the hotel with a 57% reduced price from $1170 to $513 per night. Normally we would stay at Loew's for around $600 and wondering if it is worth the risk to book $100 cheaper and get a lower quality, run down place.  It looks like it could be Trump, 1 Hotel Central Park, or the Quin. My hope would be to get lucky and get Mandarin (which is listed at $1195) or 4 Seasons (listed at $1175) but I am not sure they use HOTWIRE.

Recommendation 90%

Free Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Pet Friendly

Restaurant

Smoke Free Rooms

All are pretty standard.  Have you heard of any patterns for a this time of year?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Using the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool and clicking the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button next to this listing i'm seeing:

5* Central Park South for $514.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> if this is the complete amenity set you're seeing, i'm not 100% certain, but my best guess for this one would be the 1 Hotel Central Park (or possibly the Viceroy Central Park New York)

I'm very familiar with NYC... do you necessarily have to be in the CPS zone and/or could it be a lower rated hotel with very good reviews?  Some of what i'm seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the provided links below):

NOTE: you can also use our current Priceline Coupon for an additional discount from the rates below

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $285
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> from the Priceline Express Hotel List matches previous reports for the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan... this is a new hotel, the reviews have been extremely positive with an almost unheard of 5.0 TA review rating, and (from TA) is currently the #1 rated hotel in NYC

Or if you need to be in the Central Park South zone:

4.5* HOTWIRE Central Park South for $463.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> the Le Parker Meridien New York would be my best guess here (but personally i would save the money and take the Crowne Plaza offer above... even if you plan on spending more time in/around Central Park, the $250 per nite savings can pay for a lot of taxi rides (or the A/C train would be 2 blocks from the Crowne Plaza and a quick ride to Columbus Circle or any other subway stop along Central Park West))

Do either of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate your help. We wanted to be in that CPS area but it isn't necessary. Not big on 1 Central Park or the Viceroy (due to some iffy reviews). If you had to choose one NYC deal that you believe reserves the highest quality hotel in the Upper East side what would be your guess with the current rates available on Hot Deals?

One last question...will the rates go up or down as Dec nears?

Many Thanks!

30 minutes ago, mgut53 said:

If you had to choose one NYC deal that you believe reserves the highest quality

Intentionally leaving off the Upper East Side caveat to your question above i would re-iterate my suggested of the guessed Crowne Plaza... if you don't like the current CPS property because of some 'iffy' reviews, you would be hard pressed to find anything negative written about this new property (thus the 5.0 TA rating).

If you're looking at the Upper East Side i'm seeing this one on PRICELINE EXPRESS (as always, confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking any provided links):

5* Upper East Side for $697
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> The Mark New York would be my guest guess here

... and on HOTWIRE (we do also have a Hotwire Coupon page):

5* HOTWIRE Upper East Side for $484.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Plaza Athenee  my guess for this one

5* HOTWIRE Upper East Side for $575.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> my guess here would be The Surrey 

4* HOTWIRE Upper East Side for $235.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> likely the Bentley Hotel 

I'll leave it to you to decide which would best work for your needs, as 1) i'm not a big fan of this area (much of the zone is inconvenient for the average visitor) and, 2) i would have a hard time paying $200-$400 more per nite to stay in this zone vs. the Crowne Plaza.

42 minutes ago, mgut53 said:

will the rates go up or down as Dec nears?

Nobody can say, as it all depends upon supply/deamand... how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.  However, as i just mentioned to another user who is traveling the weekend before yours, the first 2 weekends in December are seasonally some of the most expensive of the year, as the peak NYC holiday season comes to a close.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]