Priceline Hotel: 3.5* London (London Docklands - Canary Warf and Greenwich) Docklands Lodge London

deputydeputy
By deputydeputy,
in

Amenities - restaurant, non-smoking rooms, handicapped rooms.

Warning - this hotel gave us a room without a private bathroom. Checked with priceline ahead of time and they assured me that this is not possible, but when I called to complain they said that a private bathroom is not guaranteed. They have told me several times in the past that private bathroom is guaranteed with Express Deal.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with this stay.

I would first reach out to PRICELINE via their CHAT (see right chat button on right sidebar of page) and ask a general question (not regarding this specific reservation) if a Private Bathroom is guaranteed with PRICELINE EXPRESS.  If you get the same answer as your originally received when you first reached out to PRICELINE, then you can let them know that you have just checked-in to a hotel and have been given a shared bath.

If you don't get a satisfactory answer/resolution i would call on the phone (i assume this is how you originally spoke with them to ask the question), ask for a supervisor, and see if you can come to a resolution (even if the resolution is to allow the hotel to cancel the reservation and give you a refund... as this may be the only option given my comments immediate below)

A 'problem' is that i don't see this hotel having any rooms with private bathrooms available for your dates (maybe they do but just not offered as available in the system), so it may not be possible for them to simply move you to a room with a private bathroom, even if they were willing to do so (or if you agreed to pay for an upgrade)... so cancel and re-book may be one of the only options available (if PRICELINE can get the hotel to agree to it).

Although it's not much help at the moment for your current situation, assuming you first reached out to PRICELINE to ask about the shared/private bathroom situation was via phone, for the future i would always recommend doing so (no matter what company you are dealing with) via chat or email, as this way you can get a written record of the conversation.  Think about how easily/quickly this would be resolved if you had written confirmation that all PRICELINE EXPRESS rooms have a private bathroom (NOTE: i'm in no way saying this is your fault or placing blame for how you reached out to PRICELINE for assistance, just trying to make a suggestion for the future and for others reading this thread)

Given my comments above that i'm not seeing any rooms available at this property with a private bath for your dates, i'm not sure if:

-this is a new property recently added to the PL system that mistakenly was offered as a PRICELINE EXPRESS property

-the hotel sold-out of rooms with private baths (either by mistake or intentionally) and re-assigned you to a different room class

-a change in policy at PRICELINE EXPRESS

If you are able to get a refund feel free to start a NEW TOPIC and we will try to help you find a replacement for this stay (yes, i understand that time is of the essence)

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Thanks for your helpful response.

I do have a screenshot of my online chat where they verified the bathroom policy. However this did not help me when I called in after checking in and finding out the situation. The phone CSR would do nothing for me so I messaged them on Twitter. They then offered a cancellation or a 20% refund. I agreed to take the 20%, which I'm now waiting to have processed. I will post here if there is any problem with that.

Glad to hear you had the screenshot of the chat as proof and that you found a satisfactory resolution.

I will try to get further confirmation for the future that (as you were originally told) PRICELINE EXPRESS deals all have private bathrooms.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]