Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) The Whitehall Hotel

SwimchickMSU
By SwimchickMSU,
in

Looking at hotels for 11/7- 11/9/17 in magnificent mile district.

i see and 4.5 star hotel for $181 with pool, fitness center, Restaurant, and non smoking. I’m thinking it’s the Viceroy which seems to be a newer hotel on Priceline. What are your thoughts? It’s a little farther north than we would like... and the pool is outdoor which is a stretch for Chicago in November.

We’ve previously had express deals at the Marriott and Hyatt. Which have better locations.

any suggestions? I saw a few on Hotwire as well but I’ve never used their express deals...

Any help would be appreciated!!

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* River North for $167.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> I'll guess the Dana Hotel and Spa in this case, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. There is also a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page. If the Dana, this property is superbly located in the River North area, with tons of restaurants and nightlife nearby.

4.5* HOTWIRE Navy Pier for $212.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Guess would be the Ivy. If so, this is a very small boutique property a couple of blocks East of Michigan Ave.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS when searching for 11/7-9 (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page), I'm seeing:

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $182
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>This amenity is common, but the Sofitel would be a guess. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the 4.5 w/a pool that you mention in your original post.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Ugh! I’m not liking any of the PRICELINE deals... so looking more at the HOTWIRE. 11/7-11/9. Magnificent Mile.

i see a 5* for $255 with internet, business center, fitness center, indoor pool, pets, restaurant, and non smoking. I’m guessing Waldorf based on some other posts. It states new to Hotwire.

4* for $216 with internet, boutique, fitness center, golf nearby, restaurant, and non-smoking. Do you think this is Whitehall?

cant figure this one out.

4* $238 with internet, business center, fitness center, pet, restaurant, laundry available, and smoke free.

Hoping to book today!! 😀 Help would be appreciated!

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $288.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Waldorf

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $216.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll offer a guess of the Cambria

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $238.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Whitehall would be a guess.

Additionally, please let us know more about what you don't like about the PRICELINE EXPRESS options showing - we can then take that into account when researching and looking for other options to suggest. 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Note that HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings you will see the full amenity set that AaronJB has posted above.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Booked!! The option you thought was Whitehall dropped to $160 and I snatched it up. And it was the Whitehall. Thanks for all the help. HOTWIRE is definitely different than PRICELINE with the prices changing all the time! Happy with what we ended up with! Used your HOTWIRE link! Thanks again!

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $160
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Whitehall would be a guess.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]