Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) area

vhsgreg
By vhsgreg,
in

Hello, can you please help me identify this one.

4*  Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) area

Airport shuttle, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Internet access, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms

It looks like it is the only 4* hotel that Hotwire has for Orlando airport for the next while.  I searched for this weekend Oct 20th, it is the only 4 star that come up.  Searched 2 weeks from now various dates, same thing only this hotel.  Searched in December and this seams to be the only hotel. (at least with the exact same description)

It doesn't match any of the listed BetterBidding.com descriptions, BUT I am thinking it is the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside as

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the actual dates (check-in / check-out) you need a hotel for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, and thanks for the welcome.

I was looking at a variety of dates.  Yesterday, it appeared that all of them were the same hotel as they listed the same amenities.  But I must have goofed, as today the description is different then what I posted above. 

Date : Thursday December 28th

Description now says

Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Internet access, Pool(s), Restaurant(s ), Smoke-free rooms

Do you have a specific trip in mind or are you just looking at random dates in the future to see what is in the area?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking at the specific date of Decmeber 28th

I would also like to book in January as well.  I most definitely will use your HOTWIRE link.

So the dates I was looking at are December 28th  and January 7th

Weird, in the time to post it changed the description (and rate by $1) on December 28th.

It said 

4*  Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) area

NEW

Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Internet access, Pool(s), Restaurant(s ), Smoke-free rooms (2 minutes ago)

then I went to check Jan 7th and Dec 28th again  and both responded with

OLD

Airport shuttle, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Internet access, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms

Which is similar to what I had posted before, and which I noticed is pretty much what Hotwire keeps displaying when I check a whole variety of dates between soon (October 20th through January)  So I presumed there was just one hotel that Hotwire was using as a default, which I thought would be easy to identify. 

However as I just now discovered, every once in a while it responds with NEW Quote but usually responds with the OLDQuote

So just to be clear.  Looking for 4*  Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) area, December 28, January 7

We will use this thread for your 12/28 stay... for help with an additional trip for Jan 7th please start a NEW TOPIC.

Not sure i'm 100% following your post above but you seem to be making things more complicated than they need to be (why search for dates that you have no intention of traveling on??). 

When searching (via the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com and using the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button next to each listing) i'm seeing the following two 4* hotels offered in this zone (which is also indication that there is more than one 4 star property in this zone :wink:):

4* HOTWIRE Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) for $198.00
Indoor Pool
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> best guess for this one would be the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside

4* HOTWIRE Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) for $202.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport would be my best guess here

Do either of these work for your needs this trip? (NOTE that both qualify for the current HOTWIRE promotion in my signature and at the top of the page)

I will also add this one from PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below) in case budget is an issue as this one is slightly cheaper (but also 3.5* vs. the 4* of the HOTWIRE offers above):

3.5* Orlando International Airport (MCO) for $155
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport is my best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

WOW!  You have been a great help.

I was originally just using "HOTWIRE.com" to search for hotels and list the amenities to help best guess which hotel I am bidding on.  On Hotwire.com it only seems to list the 1 hotel (the one you are guessing is the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside)  When looking at a variety of dates for my needs, I noticed on "Hotwire.com" that it only listed the 1 hotel on Hotwire.com.  That is why I thought there was only 1 hotel, and that is why I was looking at different dates even ones I didn't need.

So thanks for being patient with me and showing me the BiddingHelper.com to show the  GREEN 'Full Amenities' button to show me where I can list FULL amenities to help better guess.  Especially in this case where there would be a huge difference between staying at the MCO Hyatt which is in the airport VS the other which is a couple of miles away from the airport. (I know nothing is guaranteed)

Two questions,  why does HOTWIRE.com only show the "4* Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) for $198.00(Marriott prob)"  BUT not the "4* Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) for $202.00 (Hyatt prob)" December 28th whereas biddinghelper.com shows both?

And the $20 is for OVER $200, isn't the 1st one only 198 not qualify??  Thanks again for all of your help.

Most of the time the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab and our EASY VIEW tab will show the same properties (and the same number of properties) but sometimes there is an exception and you can find a property listed in one tab but not the other (and vice versa).  There are a variety of reasons why this can be, sometimes the 'missing' hotel will appear in the 'other' tab later in the day, sometimes the 'extra' hotel will disappear from that search later in the day, or sometimes it just has to do with how the search is completed.

The current Hotwire Coupon minimum purchase is based upon the total amount, so given it is over $200 after taxes/fees it qualifies for the discount (so sometimes if you've very close you can even add insurance, which you may not actually need/want, but it will put you over the minimum threshold to use a discount)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Hello, you have been such a great resource.

I went through (your link) trying to book using the $20 off coupon.  It worked no problem.  Unfortunately HOTWIRE charges a $59 fee and tax so when I compared with what I could book using my AAA discount the difference booking Hotwire with the discount  was only about $22 cheaper.  

I decided on the Hyatt rate as I can cancel, and I also know that I am getting the Hyatt.  But I have learned a lot about bidding/revealing and using the coupons so not all is lost.  I see the rate in January is far less ($116 but for the Marriott I am guessing), so I will wait until a new coupon comes out for booking hotels at $150 or less and stay at the Marriott.

Thanks again,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]