Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

Splashley
By Splashley,
in

Hi

Am taking my family (partner and two elder daughters of 16 an 17) for a break in New York city at the end of Oct.  We have shared a room together during the summer so are happy to do a family room as we will be using it purely as a base for plenty of sight seeing.  That said, it is their first time in NY whilst I have been many times so I want the hotel to be reasonably good.

This is my first time with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE and reading through various different articles it appears that Priceline cannot be used because there will be 4 of us in a room.  Assume that is correct?

Details of our stay are as follows:

Star Rating - would be looking for 3.5 or higher

City and Zone - New York with preferred location around the Times Square, Midtown West, Rockefeller centre/Bryant Park, Madison Square Garden areas

Dates - arrive evening of Sun 22nd Oct and depart first thing Sat 28th Oct 

Room Rate - anything around $200 (with total inc all taxes + extra charges for around $1500) ideally with breakfast included.

Amenities - Would need 2 double beds, having free wifi would be an advantage but not essential and anything else a bonus.

Appreciate any help that can be provided.

Edit - realised i categorized this post under Priceline and think it should be under Hotwire though unfortunately not sure how to do.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1 hour ago, Splashley said:

This is my first time with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE and reading through various different articles it appears that Priceline cannot be used because there will be 4 of us in a room.  Assume that is correct?

Sort of...

All PRICELINE searches are for double occupancy and after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.  HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, but this can often increase the price in many areas (such as NYC) where hotels often charge more for anything over double occupancy.

Searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children there is not much that is 'reasonably good', imo, but i do see this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $212
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my guess here would be the Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan which is a newer hotel that has been getting incredible reviews.  You will also see that this offer also offers a Bed Choice, with one of the choices being a room with 2 Double Beds for $220/nite (which when using the board link and coupon in my signature or at the top of the page brings this down to $1533 all-in).  Technically your reservation is only for double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with more then double occupancy when booking a specific room choice where that room is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group.  So i would say a slight risk involved, but one that i personally would be willing to take, especially given the reviews/quality of this offer and nothing else even coming close. (although probably not necessary, you could even mitigate the double/quad occupancy issue by only having two people go to the check-in desk while the other two are at a nearby Starbucks, bodega, fast food restaurant, etc) and then everyone meets up after check-in, and then just return to the hotel later as a group.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thoughts on the one above? (or how it goes if you take this offer)

EDIT TO ADD: putting more weight in the 'probably OK to book as per above' camp is that the 'regular' room rate for a room with 2 Double beds at this property is the same whether searching for 2adults/0children or 2adults/2children... there would be more risk if the regular retail room rate went up when searching for 2adults/2chidlren

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have literally just booked (and used the links on this site) and you were spot on it being the Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan.

Thank you so, so much for all your help as would never have found this opportunity at such a fantastic price.  The reviews are outstanding for the hotel.

Will now add to the list for others once I figure out how to do.

Thanks once again.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get a great deal at this property and ensure the 2 bedded room that you need.  I agree, the reviews for this property look GREAT!

For breakfast one morning you may want to give this place a try which is an easy walk from your hotel:
Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (between 7th Ave and 8th Ave)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]