Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

chill
By chill,
in

Welcome to the boards! Although I don't have time for a full post, here are a couple of quick tips.

You were able to find one correct rebid area, however, you are missing the other area for the 4* level. Take a look through all of the zones (by choosing them one at a time) to see what other area is a rebid area.

On Priceline you aren't able to specify what type of bedding you will receive. In NYC, rooms can be small and may only contain one bed (i.e. queen). You can call the hotel to request a specific room, but it is only a request

Would you be willing to stay in MTE or UM-CPS? It may help improve your odds at securing a hotel within your maximum. We could provide you a strategy that would try MTW first, then if unsuccessful, would move to these alternate locations.

Just let us know your other rebid area, if you'd be willing to split a bed, and whether you would accept any other areas.

UM/CPS is usually more expensive (at the 4* level) than the MTE and MTW zones so if you do include that in your bidding the chances are low that you would receive a property there before your other zones. However, this is the world of opaque hotels and sometimes the unexpected happens, so i'd only include that in a bidding strategy if you're willing to also accept that zone as well.

Let us know if UM/CPS is ok to include or not and we'll suggest a strategy to follow from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a match for the Helmsley Park Lane so that would be our best guess. There is also a chance that this is the Sheraton New York, as that property used to have these amenities as well, but as of the latest report was no longer showing a hi-speed internet icon. I would make sure you're fine with either of these properties if you were to move forward (if one is no good let us know and we'll try to figure it out between the two)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thereuare,

Well I got the Intercontinetal Barclay for $155.00! I'm so happy. :)

Used the second bidding strategy; realized I needed to up my maximum bid. I started with $150 and after rejected used my free bid and increased bid to 155.00.

Thanks so much.

BTW, I'm not sure of how to post my winning bid; please advise!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]