Priceline Hotel: 2.5* N.O. MSY Airport Plaza Hotel

jkloni
By jkloni,
in

Got it on the first try. Thereuare, you taught me well!

My friend didn't want a fancy hotel and thought a 2.5* would be fine around the airport in New Orleans. So, first I did all my homework writing down all the star categories in each N.O. zone.

Then I went to bid and initially put in $30, but when I entered, Priceline didn't come back and tell me that the bid was too low. So I clicked the back button and lowered by bid to $27.

On the first try it came back.... congratulations!, etc. !!

New Orleans Airport Plaza Hotel

$27.00

$9.66 fees

$36.66 total

She is really happy about the pricing, which is the most important thing. And happy about the location close to I-10.

Thereuare do you think I could have bid lower and still been successful?

Thanks for all your help in the past.

There is another reported win for a 2.5* hotel in the Airport zone at $27 HERE .

Using this information and 2 re-bid zones, i probably would have tried $25, $27, and $31 (would have tried $25 first only because the other poster didn't state whether they were rejected at prior bids). Good chance $25 was too low and $27 is the 'right' number, but the above would have been my thinking, given that if the 3 bids were rejected i'd still have one more chance after 72 hours. On the other hand, if my friend would be concerned about not having a reservation until the day before check-in, $27 would be a good place to start.

Best price(s) i could find on the web were $62 and $69, so you did a great job!

I'm sure you're friend is pleased and is now a Priceline convert!

If you used SavingsBarn.com, don't forget to enter their contest for a chance to WIN!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]