Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Midtown East) New York Marriott East Side

AlexBeezer
By AlexBeezer,
in

Good afternoon,

I've been trying to book this deal for the past week or so...but everytime I try (because the deal comes and goes), it says : "Please note: Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below."

I don't really understand why this deal keeps on coming back every 2 days (maybe there's a very limited inventory for this deal?).

While we're there, can you please help out identify this hotel?

4 STAR - TIMES SQUARE - THEATRE DISTRICT

DEC. 15TH TO DEC. 17TH.

131$ USD / night

Amenities : 

Free Internet        
Business Center        
Fitness Center        
Non Smoking      
Pets Allowed        
Restaurant

Thank you very much!

Alex

I'm not seeing this property on a current PRICELINE EXPRESS search so am unable to research it.

However, i'm very familiar with NYC... is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget for this stay? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply!

I dug a little bit more and the only match would be the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel (the amenities are a match + the 70% off is exactly 70% from the original Priceline price (I know it's not always 70% off the same hotel, but 70% off a similar hotel in the same zone). 131$ vs 444$. That would be an awesome deal. No wonder why it comes and goes so fast.

As for your question, I'm looking for a great 4 star hotel (I'm looking for a deal). I saw that the Marriott Downtown was available for cheap on Hotwire and the Marriott East Side is available on Priceline, but I'm for something maybe a bit more trendy than the Marriott (I loved the Hudson, loved the Row, etc). I'm looking to be near Midtown / Central Park South / Bryant Park (so let's say from Central Park to the 34th, between Park and 9th ave.

Budget before taxes and fees would be 130-140$ USD / night (which is low right now).

I will keep on looking, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.! :)

I'm not seeing the listing in the original post either, but given what rates are for these dates, I'd really suggest considering taking it while it's available. The cheapest 4* that I'm seeing for these dates in this zone is $210. This is right at the end of what is traditionally one of the busiest periods of the year in NYC (around the first half of December), so options under $140 are unfortunately quite limited.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Midtown East for $136
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess would be the Marriott East Side. 

That's the only thing I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS at the 4*+ level in this range.

Boutiques, but more expensive:

4.5* Union Square - East Village for $210
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>This would be a possible match for the W Union Square.

5* Central Park South for $234
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>This would be a possible match for the Viceroy.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you very much.

I've been trying to take the deal, but I'm always late as it always says : "Please note: Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below."

I'll try again once the deal comes back.

I'll update you on what I ended up doing.

I don't see it regardless of whether i search directly thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, using a BB PRICELINE link, or thru our BiddingHelper.com.

Let us know if it re-appears, if you go for it (or want to us to have a look), or if you decide to move on and consider other options.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* Midtown East for $136
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>A guess would be the Marriott East Side, with the Renaissance 57th as a slight other possibility.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further help.

It was indeed the New York Marriott East Side.

Very happy with this deal as there is not a lot of cheap inventory when it comes to 4-star hotels during our stay (except if you are ready to go downtown).

Dates : Dec. 15th to Dec. 17th

Zone : Midtown East

Price : 136$ / night

Total cost is 331.38$ USD (vs 641.57$ if I had booked direct...which represents a 48% savings).

Amenities :

Accessible facilities

Business Center

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Free Internet In Public Areas

Non-smoking Rooms

Restaurant

Hotel was booked with the BBHalloween PRICELINE EXPRESS coupon so thank you very much for that!

Alex

I'll let you guys edit the title of this post to represent my win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]