Priceline Hotel: Looking for rooms 10/24 - 10/29

MB28
By MB28,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you looking for one room for 4adults as PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy.  You may be able to find a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that shows a Bed Choice option and one of those choices is a room that has 2 beds, but technically your reservation would still be for double occupancy, so still some risk involved, but substantially less than just booking a room thru PRICELINE with no indication of bed choice.  Would this be acceptable... or do you want to look towards HOTWIRE instead which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone that you include in your search?

What is your expected budget for this trip? (per nite per room before taxes/fees)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there, 

Budget for four people in the same room would be $325 per night- tax included or if we need more than one room (2 people in each room) I would say $250 per night, per room, tax included. I know this is pushing it but I have found some deals on hotwire and priceline - I have booked hotwire in the past for rooms in CA without issues. I just want to get the best deal since we are staying five nights. I know NYC is very pricey, I was lucky when I stayed in 2015 at the Roger and paid $199 per night for 3 people (coworker knew the GM at the time and got us a great deal)! Hoping for 4 star or more, would take a 3.5 star if it had a great guest rating. 

Is there a coupon code you could provide? When I clicked on the link from the menu all codes were expired. 

Thank you! 

57 minutes ago, MB28 said:

Budget for four people in the same room would be $325 per night- tax included or if we need more than one room (2 people in each room) I would say $250 per night, per room, tax included.

These two budgets are actually quite far apart from each other.  At current rates i think you're realistically looking at 1room/4adults for about $325-$350/nite all-in vs. 2rooms/4adults for about $250-$275 per room all-in... of these which would be your preference?

57 minutes ago, MB28 said:

I have booked hotwire in the past for rooms in CA without issues.

Not sure if the above is just a general statement that you have been happy with previous PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases or if you're indicating that you have booked for double occupancy and shown up with four guests, but if the latter, note that NYC have a very high percentage of rooms with only one bed and rooms with two beds are often considered an upgrade from standard, so there is definitely more risk in doing this in NYC (vs. a more family friendly area such as Orlando, Disneyland, etc. where hotels are designed, built, and accustomed to accommodating families and more than double occupancy)... we therefore don't recommend booking a standard room in NYC for double occupancy when you in fact will need accommodations for more than two (unless an appropriate Bed Choice option is shown), but ultimately the choice is up to you and we can assist with whatever route you decide to take.

Our Priceline Coupon and Hotwire Coupon pages are updated anytime we have new links/codes available (one just expired this past weekend)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I said I booked hotwire in the past, I just meant I didn't have any issues - when I previously used HOTWIRE, it was to book a room for my husband and I. We only needed one bed so there was no issue. I didn't realize NYC had a high percentage of 1 bed rooms - that's good to know and makes sense of what I am seeing in my search. After discussing with the family, we are looking more for 2 rooms, 2 beds in each. The bed size can be a double or queen. Twin size won't work for us as we will have two adults in each bed.  

4 hours ago, MB28 said:

2 beds in each

This is going to limit your options and/or likely increase the price as you will not only be limited to PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, but also only hotels that show a 2 Bed room configuration.

Do you currently see any PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offers of interest that show a 2 Bed room option within your budget, location, and other criteria.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]