FL Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites Downtown

BurBunny
By BurBunny,
in

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times through both Hotwire and Priceline and recommend it *highly*. The rooms are true suites, with separate living and bedrooms, and all rooms have a sofa bed in the living room in addition to the king or 2 doubles in the bedroom. There is a refrigerator, wet bar, and microwave oven in each room. In addition, there is a second sink area in the bedroom, so it's easy for two people to get ready at the same time. The atrium is simply stunning, right down to the ducks in the pond.

I've had a couple times when a particular front desk clerk wasn't as pleasant as she could have been, but I think it was more her personality than a problem with management or even that I was on a Priceline/Hotwire purchase, as 100% of the rest of the staff has been uniformly pleasant, accommodating and efficient.

As is the norm for Embassy Suite properties, there is a Manager's Reception each evening with free cocktails in the atrium, and a free full breakfast in the morning, including cook-to-order eggs and many other hot items.

I've experienced occasional minor maintenance issues in the rooms, such as a burned out light bulb or drippy faucet, but never anything major, and all immediately corrected when called upon. The rooms have been well cleaned.

For Hilton HHonors members, while you won't receive points for your stay, if you have the desk enter your HHonors number at check in, you will receive your normal benefits, including your newspaper choice, late check-out when available, etc. Also, if you check in early, or need to stay later than check-out for some reason, they will store your bags and allow you to use the rest of the facilities, including the buffet and reception.

If you're using this property for a pre-cruise stay, do request a room on the east or southeast side of the hotel, as they look out on the cruise port. It's a beautiful sight to get up early in the morning, step out on your balcony and see your ship.

There are many restaurants nearby, including Italian, Steak (Outback), Mexican, Sushi, and Family-Style (Hops). There are two grocery stores across 17th Street, Winn-Dixie and Publix, along with a liquor store and Eckard's Drug.

Parking is $6 per day last time I was there, with unlimited in/outs.

Free shuttles to both the Airport and Cruise Port running every 30 minutes, but do let them know at least 15 minutes in advance of your need. If the shuttle is full, they will pay for your taxi.

This hotel is often a terrific bargain on Hotwire and Priceline - I *highly* recommend it!

• 2 months later...

:)

I agree with the above post, in fact I booked it ( & luckly got it through Hotwire) because of the comments. Paid $89 but came to $105 with all the tax. Much less than the price through the Embassy site.

It was great, I didn't get a room with the view of the cruise ships but it was only a few steps to look out & see it. It also had self serve laundry which I took advantage of. The breakfast was great & had anything you could think of. The atrium was beautiful. I was on an upper floor ( I think it was the 8th) and had a great view of the city.

I was only there one night before a cruise. Just a word off topic about the cruise... went on the Infinity, Celebrity Lines through the Panama Canal. Ship was soooo nice, food was very good & the stateroom, with a veranda was very good. Highly recommend both this hotel & the ship.

• 1 month later...

I agree with both posts above.

Bid $51 for two nights in June '03. One pre-cruise and one post-cruise. Total with tax and priceline fee, about $124(not counting tips.).

For that we received...

Three WONDERFUL breakfasts.

Two complimentary cocktail receptions.

A coupon for up to $50 on any FLL water attraction (water taxi, everglades fan boats etc.)

Two very nice rooms.

I called in advance and got a somewhat unenthusiastic telephone rep. I asked for an upper floor with port view, so we could see our ship when we woke up, away from elevators and ice machines, king, not smoking. All requests granted except the king which I don't really care about. Got a top floor room facing the port.

The extremely helpful front desk staff told me that when we got back from the cruise, not only would they store my bags until check-in, but that they would get us a room if they could.

Well, they could! We checked in at 9:15 am and had a lovely breakfast and a morning nap.

Free shuttles. We called from the airport for the free shuttle and they showed up in 15 minutes as promised. We then took cabs to and from the port and back to the airport. We could have taken the shuttles, but we were impatient. I felt like the shuttle tip was about as much as cabfare and a tip anyway.

We also got great restaurant rec's from the desk.

What we did not get.

Any sort of attitude about being pricline.

Thanks to this site for giving me the info to bid well and making my vacation longer and better.

PS across the street is a 24 hour drug store and a supermarket. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The marriot is better located for the stunning water taxi.

The coupon for 50 off water rides if from the FLL chamber of commerce or department of tourism. The promotion is "ride our waters free" Book two nights in a FLL hotel and get the coupon.

If you don't get a port view room, not to worry, the 12th floor landing of the stairwells is outside and has a good view of the port.

All the best

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]