NV Las Vegas Embassy Suites UNLV

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

This is the Embassy Suites located on Swensen St., directly across from the Hard Rock, about a mile from the airport ($10 taxi ride), as opposed to the one on Paradise Ave. near the Convention Center.

At check-in, I offered my Hilton Honors Gold Card, which was accepted and my number entered into the computer. No points or miles for the stay, but I did get a corner room overlooking the pool. Also, the online folio showed the Priceline rate to be $55, so I was able to see that I was just $2 off with my winning bid of $57.

All rooms are true suites, with separate living room and bedroom, that face out onto a huge atrium. (Below on the lobby level is a wedding gazebo and large koi pond, also home to two live swans.) The room smelled like it had been given too heavy a dose of air freshener; not overwhelming but definitely noticeable. I didn't care much for the decor: white finished furniture and elaborate floral prints for the bedspreads and curtains. The bathroom was fairly large, but shower water pressure somewhat less than ideal. Overall I wasn't too impressed with the room, but it wasn't that bad either, and I eventually got used to it.

Breakfast, included in the room rate, was an impressive spread. An all you can eat, cooked to order breakfast - eggs/omelettes any style, pancakes, ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns - was cranked out by two first rate cooks with a great sense of humor. Plenty of yoghurt, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, juices and cereals, also available in an adjacent room. Hours, I believe, are 7-9:30 a.m. weekdays and 7:00-10:30 a.m. weekends and holidays. But be sure to get there early enough, as they firmly pull the plug on the whole operation promptly at the designated closing time.

The pool area was a very pleasant surprise. A large, lagoon-like pool with waterfall snakes from one end of the property to the other amidst a few dozen palm trees. Two separate spa areas are set apart from the pool, secluded by large rocks. Although there were about 150 lounge chairs set out, less than a dozen people were using the area on a perfect day. No need to show your room key to get in, just grab a towel from the stack before the entrance doors and head right through. Poolside cocktail service provided.

When you're ready for some Vegas action, a free shuttle to the Strip leaves the hotel at 15 and 45 minutes after the hour from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., stopping at Bally's and MGM.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]