Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Earl's Court) K+k Hotel George

zzdocxx
By zzdocxx,
in

Hello all,

Dates Nov 17 - 19 (Fri-Sat nights), prefer easy access to and from LHR.

Using the BB link, I am finding on PRICELINE EXPRESS a 4* hotel in Kensington - Earl's Court at $114/night, with the following amenities:

Free Internet

Bed Choice

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non-Smoking 

Pool

The match I see on the hotels/amenities list is the Kensington Close, which an internet search suggests is now a Holiday Inn.

I am going to start bidding as well and will post what I find.

Thank you.

Do you also see a Restaurant amenity associated with this hotel? (NOTE: always use or BiddingHelper.com for your searches as it will not only show you PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE results in one search, but it also helps to ensure that you see the full amenity set without needing to click thru on any additional pages)

This is what i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $114
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if this is what you're seeing i'd agree that the Holiday Inn London - Kensington would be the best guess for this one (and thanks for letting us know of the name change for this property... we have updated the Priceline Express Hotel List accordingly)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

BiddingHelper.com shows HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS results in one place (and shows full amenities for listings without the need to click through additional pages), as well as access to PRICELINE bidding. If you want to bid, please let us know desired budget per night/acceptable zones. However, with the 5% promotional code for PRICELINE EXPRESS, that may be a worthwhile option considering you have a better sense of what you're getting and bidding is generally slightly-to-mildly cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Right, thanks AJB.  I've seen a few wins for the Doubletree in Kensington for less than $100, and I'm thinking I'll take a shot at it.  If not, I'll adjust my budget upward eg. the Holiday Inn, vs. drop my expectations and stay somewhere cheaper eg. a 3* hotel that has decent reviews.

That is my working plan at least.  Just been interrupted all day and lining things up to start bidding in that direction, wish me luck!

14 hours ago, zzdocxx said:

Also thanks for steering me to the BiddingHelper.com

Besides ensuring you're seeing the complete amenity set for any given hotel offer, the BiddingHelper.com let's you search both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS with just one search so it's easy to make a comparison between the two and which offers the best/better deal.  As well, there is a tab in case you decide you want to bid on PRICELINE (and use the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS prices as a maximum bid amount).  As well, we have recently added the IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature for the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs so that you can see regular retail rates of hotels of the same star rating in the zone (and know just how good of a deal, or not, the HOTWIRE / PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is).

... and by the way the 4* Kensington-Earl's Court property appears to have changed!  You can still view/purchase the original property inquired about by using the link we provided above (not sure how much longer it will last or be available) but the new one is even cheaper (again, confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the provided link):

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $80
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> from the Priceline Express Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Doubletree by Hilton London - Kensington and that would be my best guess for this one

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do and what you end up with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are awesome. I was attending to parturients continuously all night long and am just getting back to it now.  

$80/night is beyond satisfactory.  I've realized that with my flight departing London at 1040pm, I might be better off taking the room for another day, if I can get it at that price.  That way I could stay out all day in London, come back to the hotel, get cleaned up, change clothes, etc. at my leisure.  I don't want to leave late checkout to the discretion of the hotel.

The  results for a three night stay come back (4* with same amenities) come back at $107/night.  Doing the third night separately on two searches (same descriptors) gives either $80 or $122.  Can I do the two separate bookings and hope to not have to change rooms?  Easy questions but a bit confused on no sleep.

BTW I looked up sunset for London and it is just after 4pm in mid-November!

You can certainly make separate purchases, using the link above for your purchase of 11/17-11/19, and usually if you let the front desk know at check-in that you have two separate but consecutive reservations they can merge the reservations (or at least block the room for the 2nd reservation and you may need to go to the desk on 'switch day' just to have them officially check you out and then back in again)... HOWEVER, i suspect that the one you're seeing for the nite of 11/19 (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $82
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> is likely the Hilton London Olympia (likely) or the Hilton London Kensington (less likely but still possible) and not likely the Doubletree

Maybe (hopefully?) i'm wrong and the additional nite is not at a different hotel, but my guess is above, so keep in mind that you may need to change hotels if making separate purchases.  Sometimes after the first purchase the confirmation page will give you the option to try to add an additional nite to your reservation, but it's not always offered, and when it is, one of three things can happen:
1) you're told no availability for the additional nite

2) there is availability but only at $x more than your original purchase (and you're given the choice to accept the higher price for the additional nite or not)

3) you successfully add a nite to your trip

If you're looking to try 11/17-11/20 i'm seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the link provided below):

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $107
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> guess for this one is the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Back at it and I think I am closing in on it.  I've decided to do a three day booking if reasonably possible.

This morning a search of Kensington-Earl's Court via bidding helper link shows a hotel with 4* and amenities Business Center, Fitness Center, Restaurant, No Smoking rooms, and bed choice available.  It also has a 9.0/10 rating.  The rate is $103/nite.  Maybe the Holiday Inn again, at a slightly better rate?  The "bed choice" doesn't exactly match however.  Any other guesses?  K+K George has bed choice but states free wifi which is not indicated here.

?

Thanks again for your patience and help.

:smile:

PS.  Just realizing, PEX may also have hotels from the PL bidding list?

Reviews of the KKGeorge are overall quite good.

For this one (confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking the provided link below):

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $103 (with a 9+ user review rating)
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> K+K Hotel George is the best guess for this one

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks so much, it is indeed the K+K George Hotel, 4*.

Using the BiddingHelper.com link, I booked three nights, (November 17-18--19), at $103/nite, plus taxes/fees totaling $83 for the three nights. 

I'm really happy about this as the reviews are great, plus it appears to be just steps from the Earl's Court Station, which I understand has an elevator (I'll have 1 small and 1 larger suitcase).

Any other information I should post?

:biggrin:

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received a good deal at this well reviewed property and that the location works out perfectly for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]