Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Earl's Court) Doubletree by Hilton London - Kensington

PauLL
By PauLL,
in

Hope you can help me, since it is my first time bidding, and I don't want to mess up (I have read some of the initial threads and tips).

We are 6 adults, and we're making a quick stop in London from Nov 4 - Nov 7. We are looking maybe for a 4* Hotel in Mayfair-Soho, and would like to stay at $90 - $120 a night per room.    

Am i correct in assuming, that the bid I have to make is for the three rooms per night ? (for example: First $75x3 = 225). 

In the BiddingHelper.com I have identified 7 re-bidding zones (no 4-5* stars), so I can make 8 biddings before adding a Zone, right?  (For example, I could add last Westminster - Victoria - cheaper than Mayfair, and then Bloomsbury). 

There fore I can make up to ten bids?

Since I'm in no real hurry (as I have already booked a back-up), then, Could I wait 24 hours and bid again?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

9 hours ago, PauLL said:

We are 6 adults

Are you looking for 3 rooms?

9 hours ago, PauLL said:

the bid I have to make is for the three rooms per night

No, the bid amount you enter is on a per nite per room basis (before taxes/fees)... so in your example above you would enter $75 into the search box.

9 hours ago, PauLL said:

so I can make 8 biddings before adding a Zone, right?  (For example, I could add last Westminster - Victoria - cheaper than Mayfair, and then Bloomsbury). 

You are correct that there are currently SEVEN re-bid zones when bidding 4* in London.  However, i would not suggest adding other 'live' zones (ie- Westminster and/or Bloomsbury) unless you're willing to stay in these areas, as you could potentially win a room in one of these areas for less than you think (you wouldn't be the first to win a hotel in a zone you didn't necessarily intend thinking it had to be cheaper than the actual zone wanted)

9 hours ago, PauLL said:

Since I'm in no real hurry (as I have already booked a back-up), then, Could I wait 24 hours and bid again?

After you have exhausted all of your bids you can wait 2 hours and try again.  Where and how much is your back-up hotel?  We also have a website devoted to hotels with liberal cancellation policies that you can use to see if you can do better than what you already have booked as a back-up: RefundableRates.com

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

10 hours ago, thereuare said:

Are you looking for 3 rooms?

While we don't care much,  if we can score a good deal for three double rooms, it would be great ( comfort, bathrooms, etc.).  Selecting three rooms reduces the possibility to win?

10 hours ago, thereuare said:

Where and how much is your back-up hotel?

Its an apartment in Westminster Borough for 870 GBP (U.S. $1,148). I think a hotel will be a better solution than an apartment, as they generally don't offer three beds; also, we arrive late at Gatwick (10:35 pm) and we don't want problems with late check-in; and, finally,  we also leave at night, so its more likely that the hotel could look after our bags in our last day.   I will take a look at the refundable hotels you include to see if I can find something better.

So, I think I would like to bid for three rooms in Mayfair-Soho area first,  and if I'm not lucky in a couple of days I would add other zone.   Do you think it would be acceptable to start with $75 per night?

17 minutes ago, PauLL said:

Do you think it would be acceptable to start with $75 per night?

As your starting bid or your maximum bid?

Let us know your maximum bid and we can then suggest a starting point and bidding strategy.  HOWEVER, i think you're realistically looking about $125-$150/nite for a 4* hotel in this zone.

If you're really trying to watch your budget i think you're looking at the following prices for 4 star hotels in nearby zones (and one or two specific suggestions... confirm your dates on the landing pages of any provided links):

4* Kensington - Earl's Court for $77 (less 5% using our Priceline Coupon)
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Doubletree by Hilton London - Kensington which would be a very good price for the area, imo

Bloomsbury - Marble Arch - Kings Cross Station & British Museum ==> $110-$130/nite

Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria ==> $115-$135/nite

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there (or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success... a HUGE score!

Glad to see this worked out well and it was the hotel you were hoping for... a great first PRICELINE win.:smile:

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]