Priceline Hotel: looking for a good deal Fri Jun 2 to Sun Jun 4

jagjag
By jagjag,
in

In vegas 5/30-6/4, got a good deal Tues-Thurs nights thanks to this forum (Aladdin for $49/nt from this link ) but still in search for Fri-Sat nights.

Keeping it at the Aladdin is $199/nt and I'd like to spend about half that. With 3 nights in a good location I'm willing to move farther out for a good deal, but not so far that it's no fun... I haven't been before so I'm not a good judge of fun/price ratio.

Basically, do you guys think I should start bidding Priceline now or wait a while and keep shopping around the various specials?

Thanks!

my friend is in about the exact same situtation. The weekend is what he is looking for also. He has talked about the Barbary coast and the Sahara as options or the Stardust. If this is your first time you will definately want ot be on strip or close but for my friend I reccomended Fremont St. Priceline could work as long as you realize the four star for a weekend at that time is going to be in the 200 or so a night range but if you want diffrent than the alladin that would probably work.

Do you need this room for three nights or two. I am thinking 3.

I found Sahara for 249.76 at tripreservations.com

Sahara is decent and just a tram ride away from all the action.

The Stratosphere can be had at Hotels.com for 227.81

which is awesome, but is so far from the action it is almost off strip. If you are looking for something center strip, Barbary Coast and Imperial Palace are both decent and can be had for around 100 a night.

Barbary coast at 286.67 for the three nights from travelworm.com and

Imperial Palace which would be my choice for 289.94 from www.lvtb.com.

The Barbary coast is nice but has no pool some people don't use pools anyway. Hope this helps

You can get Bally's for $127.50 per night for that Friday and Saturday. Here's how you do it. You book these rooms thru Bally's which are $239,329. They will charge your credit card for the first night and it is totally cancelable, so if you did find something better you could cancel this. You then follow their rules and use their best rate guarantee and they will match the lower rate from worldres.com plus give you an additional 25% off the lowest rate you find. You have to submit this request within 24 hours by fax or email. You need to send them screen shots from worldres.com confirmations page. Worldres.com has these rooms for $170 per night, so 75% of this is $127.50, not bad for a weekend night in the middle of the strip. I did this for a friend of mine and it worked without any problems. Many others have used this strategy also with great success.

Sounds like a good tip, unfortunately when I go to worldres.com I don't see Bally's or any other big name hotel. If I search specifically for Bally it says they are no longer taking reservations... Do you have a different link that allows you to do this?

That is so strange. It worked for me this morning and its showed as available. This happened a couple weeks ago and then in a couple of days, it was taking reservations again. Keep trying. Paris was available this morning too and is now not accepting reservations.

Another site to get lower rates at. www.nhrb.com has better rates than Bally's website for your dates, so you could submit a request using this sites lower price. nhrb.com has Bally's for $166.05 per night, so if you use Bally's guarantee, you could get these nights for $124.54 per night, even better than worldres.com. Let us know if you go for it, really you have nothing to loose since Bally's rooms are refundable.

This would also work for Flamingo using nhrb.com, rate for Flamingo are 162.50 for your dates, so you would pay 75% of that, or if you really want to spend a little extra, even Caesars is coming up cheaper than their own website, Caesars is $198,186 for your dates. All of these properties have the guarantee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]