Hotwire Hotel: 5* Washington DC (Georgetown area)

DC area hotel user
By DC area hotel user,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm guessing this is a HOTWIRE listing and have moved it to that forum.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you see on HOTWIRE:

5* Georgetown for $186.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  My guess would be the Park Hyatt.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for moving to the right spot, and for the assistance on amenities.  I went to biddinghelper and can confirm your list agrees with the hotel I am looking at.  That price is pretty good for the Park Hyatt.  I am hoping its accurate.  Not too much around there that I would call five stars, except a four season/ritz, so it should be accurate.  The rate for the Park Hyatt on their website for those days is $249.  Is a 25% discount going through Hotwire a common discount?  Thanks again!

The level of discount seen thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE can differ based upon multiple scenarios... but is often contrary to popular wisdom.

When rates are high, margins are also high... but this is often when the smallest percentage discounts are available since the high price is usually an indication of high demand; so although margins are highest, it's also a time when discounts may be small as the hotel does not have many rooms available.  When rates are low the hotel may have a lot of rooms available and therefore willing to discount more... but there is also a 'floor' in how low prices can go since there is a cost involved in filling a room (front desk labor, housekeeping, wear and tear on room, staffing bar/kitchen in case many guests decide to eat/drink on-site, etc, etc) so they won't go so low as ot just 'fill the room at any price' as they want to at least ensure some level of profitability.

Also, keep in mind that besides price risk, there is also the chance that the offer disappears entirely from the offers, so if it's a property you are interested in and the price is good, it may be worthwhile to lock it in now rather than risk that it is no longer available the next time you search.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]