Hotwire Hotel: best price for Chelsea

mcmccallum
By mcmccallum,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It would be useful to know what type of star rating you're seeing and your expected budget... a 1* hotel with poor reviews may be the cheapest but i assume that's not really what you're looking for.:wink:

I think your best value may be (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Empire State Building Area for $125
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, New York City

In Chelsea you have:

4* Chelsea Area for $144
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> The Paul, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member would be my guess for this one

... and although you only mentioned Chelsea and ESB, this looks to be a good deal as well:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $115.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> guess here would be the Westin Times Square

4* HOTWIRE Chelsea for $121.00
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Chelsea my guess

Does one of these work for your needs this trip? (if not let us know more about what it is that you are looking for)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you want to try and target these properties you would need to purchase thru the links and at the prices quoted above (although we currently have a 5% promotion for PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and a code for $30 off HOTWIRE purchases... see my signature, the message at the top of the board, or our Priceline Coupon and Hotwire Coupon pages)

If you're looking to try to do better than the rates above, you can try bidding on PRICELINE for a better price, but then you will need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose (there is no way to take a guess or target a specific property when bidding on PRICELINE).

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (if you want to bid let us know your maximum bid price, minimum star rating, and all acceptable zones and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow)... or let us know which of the above you decided to take and how it went.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To get the best deal you want to include as many zones that are acceptable as possible (as it gives more hotels a chance to accept your bid price).  If only Chelsea will work for your plans then that is fine, but if other zones (ESB? any others?) are also acceptable you should include those as well.

If you're only bidding Chelsea i would use a maximum bid price of about about $135... if both Chelsea and ESB are acceptable i would lower my maximum bid to $115... if others are acceptable i would adjust accordingly based upon rates for 4* hotels in those zones as well.  From there we would suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow that would start low and then gradually increase with each bid, but to put together a viable strategy we would need to know your desired star rating, maximum bid price, and all zones that are acceptable.

Also, you would probably want to start to read about re-bidding which is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (but i would NOT start bidding until you have confirmed your re-bid zones with the board in order to ensure you don't end up in a location that you didn't intend).  When bidding 4* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones so you can see if you can figure them out OR ask questions if you're confused or we can break it down further step-by-step.

Did you read the thread on re-bidding and are you able to determine your ELEVEN re-bid zones at the 4 star level... or your FIFTEEN re-bid zones at the 4.5* level?

What did you want to try for first... the 4.5* or the 4*? (although i will add that i'm doubtful that $120 has much of a shot at a 4.5* in the Chelsea zone for these dates)

You do your own PRICELINE bidding (or PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE purchases)

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

Did you read the thread on re-bidding and are you able to determine your ELEVEN re-bid zones at the 4 star level... or your FIFTEEN re-bid zones at the 4.5* level?

???

24 minutes ago, mcmccallum said:

.I just want best deal  anywhere from Times Square south under $100 Us

To avoid any confusion go to PRICELINE and list the zones, by priceline name, that you are willing to accept... and to confirm, $100 is your maximum bid price, correct? (ie- not all-in)

3-4 stars is fine

You bid one star rating at a time (although PRICELINE will treat the star rating as the minimum you are willing to accept and will upgrade you if possible... do you want to start with the highest star rating first?

what do you recommend

I recommend you give some thought to what you really want from a hotel for this trip... as you've just gone from 4.5* only in Chelsea to 3* or higher anywhere in Times Square South or below.

EDIT TO ADD:  and while i was typing this reply you've flip-flopped back to a preference for 3.5*-4* in Chelsea

7 minutes ago, mcmccallum said:

I would book chelsea are for $115...3.5-4 star

So why not (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Chelsea Area for $128
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
==> with the board's extra 5% off code brings this down to $122/nite... for an extra $7/nite you can get exactly what you want, in the location you want, and a half star rating higher than your minimum... my guess here is the Doubletree New York City - Chelsea which previously above you indicated you would be interested in

Thoughts?

So what are you willing to pay per nite for this trip? (before fees/taxes)

Again, confirm your dates on the landing pages of any links provided below:

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $119 ($721 all-in when using the board code in my signature)
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central

3* Empire State Building Area for $115 ($697 all-in)
Business Center
Restaurant

==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches previous reports for Hotel Stanford

or from HOTWIRE:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $112.00 ($703 all-in when using the HOTWIRE code in my signature)
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side  is my guess for this one

One of these work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]