Priceline Hotel: Resort San Antonio (West) Hyatt Hill Country

bubba99
By bubba99,
in

i am trying to get into the hill country hyatt but am afraid i will land at the radisson. online, the radisson is sold out. the hyatt has rooms at $350.00 per.

1. if i bid, with the radisson sold out online, will that mean i will be less likely to get a rad room?

2. what bidding strategy should i use assuming a $350.oo per night online cost at the hyatt?

thank you

Your chances of receiving the Radisson diminish greatly since it is sold-out, but still not off the radar entirely as we have seen sold-out hotels awarded thru both opaque providers. This is how i would proceed.

You have 7 re-bid zones at the Resort level.

Select Resort...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone7...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, need to take step backwards and get up to date on re-bidding. Read this thread, Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and see if it makes any more sense. If not, start by listing each zone in San Antonio and the higest star rating offered in each zone.

If you're confused by any of the above just ask and we'll explain whatever you're stuck on.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok. i did it correct this time. and actually had to close it several times do to the amount of bidding i did.

we FINALLY got a room at the Hill Country Hyatt for $245.00 pn. Taxes and priceline fees are an additional $40.00pn (ouch). i am also anticipating the $10.00 resort fee.

This is spring break week (my kids are out that's why we want to go). cheapest rooms on the web are $315 pn.

we would have paid that rate becasue the hotel has a great kids club.

i feel like we got a deal for a nice hotel in high season.

i will post a critique of the hotel upon my return.

thanks for the info and i promise to apply what you reccommend next time! it will save me some time too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]