Priceline Hotel: 5* Charleston (Downtown Charleston - Historic District) Belmond Charleston Place

interregina
By interregina,
in

Hi I’m looking for a one night stay to Charleston, SC for a single night on Friday August 18.  I need a hotel and request help in identifying my options.  My budget is 225 and my preferred area is the downtown historic district, 4* or above. We are a party of two and one large bed is desired.

For Downtown Charleston/Historic District on the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab I am seeing:

4* 213

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

4.5* 233

5* 224

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

For Historic Downtown Charleston on the Hotwire tab I am seeing:

4* 221

Complimentary:  Free Internet

Amenities:  Business centerFitness centerGolf nearbyRestaurant(s)Smoke-free roomsSpa services

Accessibility:  Accessible for visually impaired

FROM EASY VIEW TAB:  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* 246

Amenities:  Boutique hotelBusiness centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerGolf nearbyPool(s)Restaurant(s)

NOTE:  DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE EASY VIEW TAB

5* 336

Amenities:  Business centerFitness centerIndoor pool(s)Pet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

FROM EASY VIEW TAB:  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

For Charleston French Quarter on the Hotwire tab I am seeing:

4* 207

Complimentary:  Free breakfastFree Internet

Amenities:  Boutique hotelBusiness centerFitness centerSmoke-free rooms

FROM EASY VIEW TAB:  FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

4.5* 341

Amenities:  Business centerGolf nearbyNear beachRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility:  Accessible for hearing impairedAccessible path of travel

FROM EASY VIEW TAB:  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

4* 328

Complimentary:  Free breakfastFree Internet

Amenities:  Boutique hotelSmoke-free rooms

FROM EASY VIEW TAB:  FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access

I’ll be interested in your projections for the two 5* since they are priced widely apart.

Maps and Hotels site shows 17 hotels available for my date, areas and star rating and only two of those are under 300, namely Francis Marion Hotel and Andrew Pinckney Inn.

12 hours ago, interregina said:

My budget is 225

We will start with the hotels that are within (or at least close to) your budget as it's not a good use of time and resources to research hotels that are not ready to be purchased if they are $100+ beyond what you're wiling to pay for a room for this trip.

Best guess comments (confirm your dates on the landing pages of any links provided below):

4* Downtown Charleston - Historic District for $213
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Francis Marion Hotel

4.5* Downtown Charleston - Historic District for $233 ($179 when you click on the offer)
==> The Vendue

5* Downtown Charleston - Historic District for $224
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Belmond Charleston Place

I don't have a guess for either of the 4* HOTWIRE hotels and the 5* is way over budget.  With Downtown area being your preferred zone, many of the hotels above having excellent reviews, is it necessary to further research the French Quarter properties since that is your second choice of zone and/or don't offer any savings over the properties above (which are in your first choice of zone)?

Do any of the properties above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

During my research of the Charleston Historic District, I found that the Hotwire area map of Historic Charleston Downtown plus Charleston French Quarter matched closely to the Priceline area map for Downtown Charleston-Historic District.  This was why I had included French Quarter (Hotwire) in my original post.

Thereuare you did drill down on my long post, and the Priceline deals did seem better, plus I have only booked Priceline deals from this site, so your response certainly made sense.

I did use your PRICELINE link to the 5* 224, then confirmed everything and when I clicked through it was The Belmond.  I’m looking forward to this stay and really appreciate your efforts.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and a great deal at this well reviewed 5* property!

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]