Priceline Hotel: HELP with NYC bidding

pasiee
By pasiee,
in

Dear Betterbidding users,

Foundout about BetterBidding on another site about getting hotels in New York haha.

So i was searching regular sites but the cheapest i could find was like Super 8 in North Bergen for $759.

Searching for:
- 3* or higher
- New York, Zone: Timesquare, Midtown east, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller center, madison square garden, midtown west, Chelsea area, Empire state building area.
- from 16 oct to 22 oct 
- Total price for those days like $750 included everything (breakfast not included is also fine)
- Baby is sleeping in the same bed as us.

I hope this is enough information and i hope that you guys can help me with bidding or have a great deal for me.

Best regards,

pasiee

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with this area and will try to help...

Unfortunately this is high season in NYC and your all-in budget of $750 comes to about $125/nite... with NYC hotel taxes about 15% you're now looking at a room rate of about $110 before any booking fees, and that is not likely going to be realistic for these busy dates in NYC.

So where are you most likely to compromise on your criteria above... budget, star rating, or consider hotels outside of NYC that would make for a relatively easy commute into/out of the city?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume you mean Long Island City? (as Long Island is another part of New York and much further out)

How are you arriving to the area (plane, train, car, bus, etc) and where do you arrive?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm commenting that the above is going to take some time for me to research (as your budget is very low for this area this time of year so a lot of options will need to be explored), and i don't have the time to do the research needed right now (will hopefully have that time starting Wed evening or Thursday morning).  By replying to this thread after Wed evening or Thursday morning it will put this thread back in the queue for us to review... this will ensure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.:wink:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]