bdemsky
By bdemsky,
in

Please help identify 4* Shipyard - Palmetto Dunes - Port Royal Area

August 25 - Sept 1

$173/night

95% recommended

Amenities include

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Near beach, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

please and thank you

Are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

Are your plans for this trip firm?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please let us know once your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward with a purchase... as the hotels currently available may not be the ones that are offered once your plans are firm and you're ready to commit.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is the underlying hotel the sole factor in deciding whether to move forward, or are any other factors involved (getting time off from work, other options your researching, waiting for payday, coordinating with others in a group or that you're visiting, weather forecast for your travel dates, etc)?

coordinating with a group already going to the region

they are already going

we are considering joining

but are exploring options in hotel

would appreciate some help in identifying what this property "may" be which will aid in our decision making

also considering a few other places

is there a reason for wondering all these details? i've never seen this in other posts i've followed.  is this an odd region? or an odd request i've made?

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and hotel offers can disappear quickly, so we only research hotels for plans that are confirmed and ready for purchase since:

1) this allows us to more quickly get to those waiting for help for their own trips (and are ready for purchase) before the hotels they have asked about disappear

2) while you are researching other places any offer(s) above may disappear once you make a decision and we are back to square one

First figure out your other options (which will not change as quickly as PRICELINE / HOTWIRE offers) and confirm that you will be able to meet up with the others in your group... we would then be happy to look at any offers since you'll be ready to make a decision and know exactly what alternative accommodations it is that you're trying to beat.

no problem.  I understand

is this something you say to others as well or is it more unique to me? i've booked and reported my fair share of wins on this site

but also inquire about many because it helps me decide where I want to go

it's unlikely I will consider this destination or through hotwire or priceline without getting an idea from here though

so if it's not available I understnad

but the information used to be very valuable to me

not everyone uses it to book

they use to help decide as well

here's an example

I was maybe going to chicago

I look on here and really wanted a hotel to be sheraton chicago

if it wasn't or was likely it wasn't then end of story no hotwire booking

but if it was (which it potentially was) then I would have booked it

knowing the potential hotel I thought was the purpose of this site

if you keep it hidden and need confirmation of booking then it just essentially becomes hotwire

not trying to be rude

I love this site.  I use often.  reported wins/  and booked.

this is just new to me

Of course you don't need to book any hotel researched that doesn't work for your needs, but before having us research any HOTWIRE / PRICELINE EXPRESS offer you should be far enough along in your plans to be ready to book.

If you are looking for a specific property (ie- your Sheraton Chicago example above) then let us know this information as it can often be easier to negate the offer from being a specific property rather then continuing to research to try and guess as to what it is (or so we know not to look at other options to make suggestions).

With respect to your Hilton Head stay above, is there a specific property you're looking for?  If the HOTWIRE offer above is one listed below, would you be ready to book at the prices currently quoted:

Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort

Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

understood.  Love your site and the work you guys do

Nothing specific i'm seeking for Hilton Head.  If we went to Chicago (which looks off now - more due to Blue Jays performance - was a baseball trip) I would have sought out Sheraton as i've stayed and liked that hotel in the past

50/50 on Hilton Head.  To be honest considering numerous alternatives for last week of August

Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec

Hilton Head

Some sort of Phoenix/Vegas/California combo

or a road trip perhaps involving Chicago or Pittsburgh or Boston

All over the place!

Door County is a gorgeous area about 3hr/30 min North of Chicago.  Number of very cute small towns with restaurants (including famed Al Johnson's, which has goats on the roof - http://www.aljohnsons.com/), vineyards/wineries and other sights.  Once you go past Sturgeon Bay into Door County, there are no chain stores/restaurants/etc. It's all very quaint and charming.

Article ("Take a visit to the 'Cape Cod of the Midwest' -- Door County, Wisconsin"): http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2017/07/door_country.html

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]