Priceline Hotel: 3 Nights in Boston July 29-August 1st.

rynodaddyo
By rynodaddyo,
in

Need 3 nights in Boston in the Downtown-Charleston zone only. It doesn't matter if it is a 4* or a 3* hotel. I may have to consider a 2* as well if need be.I would have the original bid as well as 2 rebids in each hotel * class.

This is how I have bid thus far using the savingsbarn link to PRICELINE-

4* Hotel-

Starting bid.......................$70...........................rejected

Add Medford.....................$73............................rejected

Add South Boston.............$76............................rejected

3* Hotel-

Starting Bid.......................$60............................rejected

Add Medford......................$65............................rejected

Add South Boston.............$68............................rejected

I would like to stay under $100 (after fees and taxes). Any help would be appreciated.

So you're not flexible on your areas? Boston is a fairly easy city to get around in, so expanding your areas may help as rates are high for your dates.

If you're willing to expand your location, Hotwire is showing a 4* (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Spa, High-speed Internet Access, Business Center) in Cambridge for $110 per night, which can likely be won for less on Priceline.

Otherwise you have the right idea for rebidding. If you have an Entertainment Book, you could check to see if any of the hotels have the 50% off rack rate price for your dates.

I will be arriving by train from New York at 1pm on July 29th. I wanted to stay downtown because of our 2 games at Fenway Park as well as most of the sites are in and around downtown. I have received in the mail info concerning public in Boston and will check Cambridge out. Not being familiar with the cities we are travelling to I don't want to get caught in an area I do not want to be.

Thanks for the info about the Entertainment Book. I had checked the hotel section titled " Guarenteed Best Rate", but found it was giving the same price as Hotels.com, Orbitz, etc. so I for got about it. There are 3 $$$$ hotels listed for Boston. I will check out their locations and see if they will work for me. Thanks for the idea.

I have plenty of time so would you have any ideas on how I should proceed? I would like to see if I could stay under my budget, and 50% off a $$$$ rack room may be over what I want to spend. I will check the hotels out to see iwhat rack rates are. Thanks again

The guaranteed best rates section of the e-book doesn't offer the best deals. The direct to hotels section is where the 50% off rates are, so hopefully there may be one there within your budget.

Otherwise, you have the right idea for rebidding. If you wanted to get an additional rebid, you could try:

DT

DT+1, close window

DT+2

DT+2+1

My last city is Boston, and it seems that it is much more expensive than the wins I have gotten in Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City (Newark), and Niagara Falls. I really would like to stay downtown because it is close to Fenway Park and the sights, but I may have to move to another zone.

I have bid and rebid on 4 different occassions on 4 and 3 * hotels in the downtown area.

1st round with rebids......$77......rejected

2nd round with rebids.....$85......rejected

3rd round with rebids......$88......rejected

4th round with rebids......$90......rejected

Not ready to change zones yet but If I do what zone would you suggest that would be the safest and most convienant to downtown Boston for the best value for my money? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tried bidding Boston again with no luck. I will try it a couple of more times before I change zones. I am suprised that it takes more for Boston than it does for DC, Philly, and Niagara Falls. Here is my last set of bidding. I did the same bid for a 4* hotel and when that did not work I bid the same amount for a 3*.

Bid............$91...........rejected

rebid.........$92...........rejected

rebid.........$93...........rejected

Then I bid on a 2.5 hotel

Bid...........$70...........rejected

rebid........$75...........rejected

Then I bid on a 2* hotel

Bid..........$55............rejected

rebid.......$60............rejected

ANY HELP?

Not that I know of. I will check the chamber of commerce website to see if anything is going on. Looks like just a summer 3 days in July. You might be right. It might be too far in advance for the inventory of rooms being released. I just didn't have this trouble in the other cities I am visiting, but had I been more patient maybe I would have gotten better rates. I figured that like the baseball tickets.....the sooner I got them the better choices I would have.

Checked the Boston Chamber of Commerce's website and saw nothing special listed for the 3 days we will be staying there. Must just be summer and too early to get the kind of deal I would like. I will take a look at Cambridge and some of the other zones for good public transportation.

Copley seems to have the best access to the subway and the sights downtown.....so I gave it a shot. Here is how I bid-

4* and 3*

Bid..........Copley.........$70..........rejected

rebid.......Medford........$75..........rejected

rebid.......S. Boston......$77..........rejected

rebid.......Downtown.....$79..........rejected

Didn't think I would get it, but I thought, "What the heck."

Well here is the latest set of bids that I did for " fun and relaxation ". Still have not had any success. It seems that the time of year may force me to bid much more than I want to, or stay where I may not have chosen as my first location.

Downtown-bids and rebids

4*................up to $97...............rejected

3*................up to $97...............rejected

2.5*.............up to $83...............rejected

2*................up to $71...............rejected

Copley-bids and rebids

4*................up to $90...............rejected

3*................up to $90...............rejected

2.5*.............up to $83...............rejected

2*................up to $71...............rejected

I have started to look into the Cambridge zone, but I have one concern. Access to public transportation in one of the hotels that show up with winning bids (Hyatt Regency-Cambridge) is not close enough to make it worth the risk. I guess I could take a cab from the hotel to the subway, but am concerned about the return trip from Fenway to the hotel.

As always.....any help is much appreciated.

....... Plenty of time to play this game of hotel hunting.

Be Patient :)

You have loads of time to win this so don't panic. I would bid every 4\5 days or so.

Inventory may not be available yet.

Sometimes with Pl you have to wait for the bargains to appear.

Check every 4\5 days on Hotwire for likely rates and if you spot a lower rate than usual then try on PL.

Be Patient!

Please give me a bidding strategy that I can use every week until I get my room. I would like to bid for a 2.5, 3, or 4 * hotel room for under $100 if at all possible. I would like for it to be in the Downtown or Copley area for the time being. I am afraid if I keep bidding a little higher each time I bid that when the inventory of rooms are released that I will win a bid much higher than I need to pay. Thanks in advance.

Please give me a bidding strategy that I can use every week until I get my room. ... I am afraid if I keep bidding a little higher each time I bid that when the inventory of rooms are released that I will win a bid much higher than I need to pay

The problem of overbidding if/when rooms are released is the reason why there is not a fixed strategy to suggest until you win your room... rates change and bidding strategies are based upon current rates.

You're obsessing about this daily for a stay that is 4+ months away. I'm not saying that users shouldn't bid this far in advance, but once you do and it fails, the chances of success at the same prices 24-48 hours later is very slim... there is little or no reason for hotels to adjust their inventory levels this far in advance as their occupancy levels for a stay 4+ months away don't change that much from day-to-day.

Why don't you forget about this for 2 weeks, then post the current rates for the star level you want, and we'll suggest a strategy at that time. If that fails, repeat the process (of posting current rates) 2 weeks later.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try. The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can pay for it, plan transportation, plan an agenda, etc. I try to cover every angle possible in advance so I have few surprises when the time comes. The other cities came so much easier even if I may have paid more for the room. That is why I trying to get this done as soon as I can.

Where would you like me to get the rates from for the time I am staying in Boston so you can figure out a strategy? I can go to hotwire and get the * rating plus the amenities from the hotels in the area I want. I can get the hotels from this site that have accepted bids and get their rates from priceline, or from their websites. What is most advantageous for you to build a strategy? Thanks

Last time I bid was March 14th so I am ready to try again.

I checked out all the hotel websites for the hotels that have won bids on Priceline, and are listed in the Massachusetts hotel section of this website. It is a 3 night stay from July 29th through August 1st. If there was a rate change I took the 3 nights and came up with an average nightly rate. This is based on double occupancy for 1 room, and the cheapest price listed. Here is the results of what I found for any help it may give you for a bidding strategy.

COPLEY

4*.....................Colonnade Hotel...................................................$279 a night

4*.....................Fairmont Copley Plaza..........................................$379 a night

4*.....................Marriott.................................................................$233 a night

4*.....................Sheraton-Boston...................................................$369 a night

4*.....................Westin Hotel..........................................................$399 a night

DOWNTOWN

4*.....................Hyatt Regency-Financial District.............................$312 a night

4*.....................Millenium Bostonian...............................................$233 a night

4*.....................Onyx Hotel.............................................................$279 a night

4*.....................Wyndham Boston...................................................$493 a night

3*.....................Boston Park Plaza..................................................$355 a night

3*.....................Club Quarters.........................................................$130 a night (no hotel website found)

3*.....................Doubletree Hotel....................................................$209 a night

3*.....................Holiday Inn Select...................................................$179 a night

3*.....................Radisson-Boston.....................................................$219 a night

2.5*..................Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf........$299 a night

I would prefer to stay in Copley first, and then the downtown zone. I would be willing to bid up to $100 a night in these 2 zones, and if that means I get a 2* instead of a 4*....so be it. Thanks for your help.

With those rates, you'll likely only get the 3* Club Qtrs in downtown.

As I believe I previously mentioned, you may also be successful at the 4* level in Cambridge if you were willing to take the subway or a cab into the city.

Select 3* Copley...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline...

Select 3* Copley + re-bid zone 2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $80

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline...

Select 3* Downtown + re-bid zone 2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $80

Select 3* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone 2...

Bid $95

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]