Priceline Hotel: 3.5 * Minneapolis - St. Paul (Minneapolis Northwest - Brooklyn Center) Doubletree By Hilton Minneapolis North

Cory_G
By Cory_G,
in

We were looking for a 3.5 star hotel in a zone not too far from the Mall of America area. I was booking for us (a family of 3), plus our friends (a family of 4), hoping the higher star rating would increase the odds of having 2 queen beds in the room. Using the BETTER BIDDING PRICELINE link, I started by selecting my desired zones one at a time, and increased in $1 increments.  I proceeded to pick zones were the highest star rating <3.5 stars (free bids).  However, in the wee hours of the morning I accidentally picked Brooklyn Center as a 'free bid area' at the $79 mark.  I got an accepted offer at the Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis North at $81/night.  We loved the free cookies at check-in, and the fruit infused water in the lobby during our stay.  There were 2 double beds in the room.  It was not my best score using Priceline by any means, but full price for hotel rooms in the area seemed to be going for $120 - $140/night. With the accident of picking this area, we end up finding a neat shopping area close by in Maple Grove.

Here was how I bidded on June 28/17:

$75 Bloomington

$76 Eagan

$77 MSP Airport

$78 Burnsville

$79 Minneapolis NW - Brooklyn Ctr

$80 Fridley

$81 Coon Rapids

Cost for 2 rooms, 3 nights: $486 + 91.92 taxes & fees = $577.92

I hope this is helpful info. for the Better Bidding members.

Cheers,

Cory

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]