Priceline Hotel: 4.5* - 5* Disney world hotel help, 8/4 - 8/17

spacnk
By spacnk,
in

Hi there.  First time user, please be gentle.

I would like to book a hotel near disney world for 8/4 - 8/17.  I can use either priceline of hotwire.  I have used your hotwire and PRICELINE links

Question 1:  Do I create 2 threads?  One on the hotwire page and one on the priceline page? For now I'll put everything here and can do another separate post if neede.

Here are the areas that I prefer:

Disney Area - Lake Buena Vista

Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek

Walt Disney World - Disney Springs

5* to 4.5* for august 4 - 17.

I need help identifying hotels, or any suggestions on other alternatives welcome.

Priceline

5* hotel, Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek, $154

Bed Choice Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking Swimming Pool

4.5* hotel, Walt Disney World - Disney Springs, $117

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Hotwire

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek, $217

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek, $413

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

Thanks very much for your help

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

We can keep everything in this thread and then after a purchase is made we can easily move the thread over to the correct forum.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, I'm seeing (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $154
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>>Waldorf Astoria

4.5* Walt Disney World - Disney Springs for $117
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Hyatt Grand Cypress

HOTWIRE:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $413.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Shuttle
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Likely Grand Floridian

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $217.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
BR3
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
==>  Magic Village Resort would be a guess here

Would any of these possibilities be of interest? If not, please let us know more specifically (budget, acceptable zones and any other factors) what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the prompt reply! 

But I'm considering the Waldorf Astoria, and Name your price.

For a 5* hotel in Bonnet Creek, any suggestions on what bid I should start with?

I'm guessing the Waldorf is the only 5 star hotel in that area?

This means I'm asking for bidding strategy advice. I'm seeing 17 rebid zones + disney bonnet creek.  I've never done priceline before, I wonder if this is wise? Or should I just bite the bullet and get the priceline express?  They are going to charge me $164 if I select 2 beds + the $30 mandatory resort fee, which now makes it $194 plus taxes, that's why I'm considering trying the name your price.  On average how much cheaper are name your price vs priceline express (roughly)?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to bombard.  Hope this is the last post until you reply.

But found this at Hotwire

Same dates $147 per night, 5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek area Resort.

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I think this is Waldorf Astoria too, right?

Which is similar to the priceline express rate of $154 less the 5% discount.

Any preference whether to choose priceline or hotwire?  (assuming the same hotel)

42 minutes ago, spacnk said:

I'm seeing 17 rebid zones + disney bonnet creek

Currently when bidding 5* in the Orlando region you have 20 re-bid zones.

42 minutes ago, spacnk said:

They are going to charge me $164 if I select 2 beds + the $30 mandatory resort fee, which now makes it $194 plus taxes,

Do you need two beds?  If so, how would you arrange this aspect if you were to win the hotel by bidding on PRICELINE? (ie- you can't)  So if you need to have two beds then PRICELINE EXPRESS would be the better option to help ensure you get the room type that you would like... by bidding you would be at the discretion of the hotel to honor your request for a room with two beds to which they could say 'no', charge you extra for, or simply not be able to if the hotel doesn't have any rooms with 2 beds available at the time you check-in.

For this HOTWIRE hotel:

5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek for $164.00
Resort
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Waldorf Astroia (where you could choose 2 Queen beds at this price)

So i think the first question is how important to you is it that you need to have two beds?  If a want (and not necessarily a need), then you could decide how much you would need to save to take the risk of bidding (and possibly getting a room with only one bed... or worse some other 5* hotel in the zone) vs. taking the PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer where you can choose the bedding room configuration.

Two other points:

-any savings by bidding will only effect the room rate... the taxes, fees, and resort fee will for the most part all stay the same

-the offers above can disappear at any time, and currently i'm not even seeing the 5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offered in this zone (fortunately it can still be accessed using the link posted in AaronJB's original reply above) so just keep in mind while you wait to make a decision any of the above could no longer be available

Typically the PRICELINE EXPRESS are only slightly more than what you can get by bidding, but by using our exclusive extra 5% off promotion the difference becomes even less... but if you'd like to move forward by bidding please confirm that you have see the 20 re-bid zones that are available at the 5% level, what you'd like to be your maximum bid price (to accept the risk of only one bed), and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take one of the offers previously linked above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First use the EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com to see the full amenities of the property, confirm that it is the same as is listed above, and then also look at the other details provided... percent recommendation, rattings for Overall Satisfaction, Condition of hotel, Quality of Service, etc, etc.

Then flip to the 'regular' HOTWIRE at BiddingHelper.com and filter to the same 5* hotel in this zone... on the next page you should see the bed choice for 2Queen beds offered.  Confirm all of the other details (% recommendation, overall rating, condition of hotel, etc, etc) match what you saw in the easy view tab and then complete your purchase (in the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab)

Any questions feel free to ask... good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Help. There's something weird with priceline.  I'm paying the 2 beds for $164 but it says

Your purchase could not be completed

We apologize for this inconvenience. Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. Your payment method has not been charged.

But the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is still there when you search for it.  I tried to pay twice already

Sometimes that happens but one of two things:

1) as per above i mentioned that the same offer no longer appears in the search results, so it may have been pulled or the number of rooms available at that price have already sold

2) more inventory will be added within the next 24 hours

... i understand that even after it tells you that the offer is no longer available it still appears in the search results, but sometimes it takes a little while for the offer to no longer appear in the search results when it's no longer available (why this happens is too technical of a discussion for here, although i do understand why it happens based upon how their systems work)

You can try again in 6-12 hours and hope that things go thru OR you can see my HOTWIRE post above (we posted at the same time) as to how to get the 2 Queen bed option thru their service.

Let us know how it ultimately goes or how we can be of further help.

I can't say for certain, but i doubt it... easy enough to figure out if you're able to try again paying with your credit card instead of PayPal, but i think the more likely scenario is that the offer is not currently book-able (since the offer no longer appears on a 'regular' PRICELINE EXPRESS search... as well as the error message saying that the offer is no longer available rather than there was an issue in your payment)

I must be blind.  I'm using the bidding helper.

In the Hotwire tab, when you say the next page you mean after clicking the Book Now button?

All I see is the payment page asking for you payment.

I don't see a place where you can select 2 beds.

I can do I screenshot if that helps?

no luck . i just dont see it. please email thanks. I'm trying priceline again with the credit card but it seems to be taking forever (the payment) and nothing is happening...

It's strange that you are saying you cannot search for that deal in priceline.  I can still search it and find the $154 deal all the time. Even with a fresh regular search.

I just looked again and see i was searching for 8/4-8/7... not 8/4-8/17; i know still see the 5* Bonnet Creek Priceline Express offer (you can try this link which should now have the correct dates)

Also, when searching for this longer date range i also do not see the bed type offered thru HOTWIRE (sorry for the error on my part)

You could try booking thru PRICELINE EXPRESS for 8/7-8/17 (for 2 beds) and then if successful try booking for 8/4-8/7... a slight chance you may need to change hotels with each purchase should you be successful with one and then get an error message like you're getting above, but could be another way to go about it, but currently what looks to be the same 5* is appearing on PRICELINE EXPRESS for both date ranges.

Since I'm getting nowhere with 5* let's look at the 4* offers.  Kindly help identify these hotwire 4* bonnet creek hotels, same dates as before:

$93

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$120

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Suite, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Kitchenette

$94

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

$122

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Update:

I have tried using hotwire's deals for the 5* bonnet creek.  I have paid two times. the first time the transaction failed.  The second time the transaction failed again but my credit card was charged by paypal.  Then comes the frantic long distance call to hotwire.  This is too much stress for me.  Both priceline and hotwire will not accept my transaction after trying multiple times.  At least priceline did not take money from my account.  Has this happened before?  Any advice on what to do?  I'm already nervous about this process because it is the first time that I'm doing this and this situation is not helping.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]