Hotwire Hotel: Help with stay 7/15 -7/17

rgmbl13
By rgmbl13,
in

What hotel might this be?

4* Riverwalk - North Loop area       -      travelling from 7/15 to 7/17

$114 per night

Supposedly, this is a weekend deal 49% off

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Are you searching for more than 2 adults? When I search for 2 adults for these dates, I'm seeing a $114 4* in this zone, but with slightly different amenities than you have listed above:

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $114.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'd guess this is the Swissotel, which has been seen previously with this amenity set.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $117
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>I'll also guess this is the Swiss.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

12 hours ago, rgmbl13 said:

An additional stay.

Can you please add a reply to your Chicago Priceline Express hotel win confirming that you used PRICELINE EXPRESS (vs. HOTWIRE) and if you recall the amenities that were shown before your purchase (always note the amenities before your purchase as they differ from the amenities shown after your purchase)

For the stay above, searching 2rooms/5adults/1child i'm seeing the following:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $111.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection

4* HOTWIRE Riverwalk - North Loop for $137.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Swissotel - Chicago (this is a very nice hotel and would be a very good deal vs. a conventionally booked room at this property for these dates)

4* HOTWIRE Loop - Millennium Park for $142.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown which gets GREAT reviews

I assume one of the above would work for your family's needs for this leg of your trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have recently asked for help with booking two rooms for my family 7/15 - 7/17. I appreciated all the advice and missed out on some good deals. Unfortunately, I had some family matters come up and did not book. Everything is set now so I need to book something. I am looking to stay downtown with Me, my wife and 15 year old daughter in one room and my three 20 something year old kids in room 2. Any downtown area will be sufficient as this will be the first time my older kids will experience Chicago. I currently have reservations at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North for $192 p/nt + taxes.  Thank you - Ron

Searching for 2 rooms, 1 w/2a/1c and the other w/3a, I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $151.00
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Would likely be the Doubletree Mag Mile. Great location, very nice area. Navy Pier short walk E, Michigan Ave short walk W. Whole Foods across the street.

4* Loop - Millennium Park for $143.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Blackstone Renaissance. Certainly more reasonable than other, comparable properties. However, at the very South end of the Loop area, so a trek to Michigan Ave. Decent walk to the Museum campus. Not a whole lot directly around the hotel. 

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel and number of rooms are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $156
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>My guess would be the James. On the detail page, I am seeing a 2 beds option for $177. You can also use the coupon code in my signature.

Would any of these options be of interest?  If not, let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

I see downtown - millenium park 3.5* for $134  -- save 23% 

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

bed choice available

It shows Club Quarters - River Hotel - Hilton Garden Inn as possibilities 

Which hotel might this be?

How is the James Hotel as far as location ...

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below):

3.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $134
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan or the River Hotel (which are 'sister properties')

As far as the location of The James, AaronJB can comment better than i can, but you can use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, locate this hotel on the map (use the filter function on the left side of the page after you do your search), and when clicking the marker on the map you'll see a link that will show you a map with all nearby bars, restaurants, coffee shops, points of interest, parks, etc.

With my knowledge of Chicago (as recently as last summer) The James has an excellent location... one block from North Michigan Ave, 4 blocks north of the River, across the street from Eataly, and 4 blocks from the Red line.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]