Priceline Hotel: Would like 4* 1 night Feb. 25th in White House, Convention Ctr or Dupo

travelglow
By travelglow,
in

:) This is an amazing site... I am so thrilled to see all the strategies in play. I am not new to Priceline but so far my best find was just "lucking" into $70, 4* accomodations in Philly. I would love some guidance.

Looking for 4*, city area (not interested in Virginia) not more than 3 miles from National Gallery of Art as I am making the trip to see the Cezanne exhibit there. Will pay up to $80 before taxes. Wouldn't mind the 4* Omni Shoreham at $70 over the alternative of going to 3 1/2 *. It would be ideal if I could be in White House or Dupont Circle or Convention Ctr.

I haven't mastered the names of the 4* hotels in each area and consequently dont have one area that I am most passionate about.

I searched priceline for star levels available in each of the mentioned areas and found:

Convention ctr = 4*, 3* upscale, 2 1/2 * moderate plus, 2* moderate, 1 star economy

White House = all of above

Dupont = all of above

What would be the best strategy here? Do I start off in one area with something as low as $65 or would I be wasting bids?

Top priority for me is 4* not to exceed $80 in city-like areas.. I would be happy to try for Omni at $70 if anyone thinks $80 wont play out in city-like areas.. (City-like = streets with shops and activity everywhere)

Thanks so much in advance for your help :)

Look at this thread and scroll down to find the Hotels reported by users that come up on PL.

Look at the MAPS to see where they are located.

What would be the best strategy here? Do I start off in one area with something as low as $65 or would I be wasting bids?

Top priority for me is 4* not to exceed $80 in city-like areas.. I would be happy to try for Omni at $70 if anyone thinks $80 wont play out in city-like areas.

Looking at the recent success with the Omni and the fact that there are 5(?) free rebids I can see no problem in starting at $65 and having a maximum bid of $80?

However if you're bidding for tonight then you've only one shot at this at 4*.

Have you looked at Hotwire to see what's on there?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]