Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Springfield Springfield Marriott

whatadeal
By whatadeal,
in

I bid a 3 star beginning at $50/night, increasing in $5 increments daily. I was hoping to get the La Quinta Inn, as that was the 3 star in the Priceline Hotel List for reported wins,  and includes breakfast, but the winning bid was for the 3.5 star Springfield Marriott. No free breakfast for me!  Total cost with fees = $622.09 for 7 nights.

Congratulations on your success!

It appears that PRICELINE upgraded your 3* bid to a 3.5* hotel... so good to see you received an upgrade, but sorry to see it wasn't the hotel you were hoping for and doesn't include breakfast.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and the nicer than expected accommodations.:smile:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, I don't consider the unexpected upgrade to a 3.5 star from my 3 star bid a pleasant surprise. I purposely bid 3 star to capture the free breakfast, fee onsite parking, and free in room Wi-Fi at that level (as with the La Quinta Inn). The 3.5 star Marriott charges an exorbitant $17/day for parking, charges a fee for in-room Wi-Fi (it's free only in the common public areas) and as previously noted, no breakfast included. Just sayin'...not a welcome upgrade.  :(

Yeah, i understand you were hoping for the 3* and would have preferred not have been upgraded.

When a specific amenity is important or there are higher rated property that you may likely, but prefer not to, be upgraded to, PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE can be a better option as it assures you of the star rating and specific amenities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]