Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Lax International Airport) Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

tcmary
By tcmary,
in

LAX 4* 12/16/17 $90

Here are the amenities:  Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

I'm just laying over between flights the next day.  Any idea which hotel this might be?  There are couple other 4* listed at $113 and $111

$113:  Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$111:  Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

They are all so close in price that I'd probably stay at any of them.  I've stayed at a few of the LAX hotels and they seem okay.  Please let me know what you think.  I can start a separate thread for the other two hotels if necessary.  Thanks!

Please start by concluding your previous Waikiki Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Are you ready to commit to the nite for this LAX trip 6+ months ahead of your arrival?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Very sorry.  I honestly thought I had finished up that thread.  Hopefully all of the previous threads are closed now.  I'll try to do better on this one.  Yes, if I find a good rate I'm willing to book now.  My flights are booked so unless there is some unforeseen circumstance I will need a room for the night of December 16.  Thanks again.

As requested above (and in your previous thread) please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs that trip.

How about this one which is quite a bit less than any of the 4* HOTWIRE properties above (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* LAX - Los Angeles Airport for $77
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Hyatt Regency or the Sheraton Gateway... both would be a very nice discount vs. a room booked thru conventional booking channels

For the HOTWIRE offers my best guesses are inline below:

4* LAX International Airport for $90.00
Shuttle
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Hilton Los Angeles Airport 

4* HOTWIRE LAX International Airport for $113.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

4* HOTWIRE LAX International Airport for $111.00
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not as familiar with Priceline although I have used them before.  I found this property on their link and when I choose it I get this message:  "Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below."  And it lists properties including this one.

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the deal is really gone but still showing on the website.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, it looks like that one is no longer available. Even though the listing is showing on the landing page after clicking the link, when I click on it, I'm still getting the "no longer available" message. Are you able to click on it?

If not, are any of the 3 HOTWIRE listings of interest?

I was able to click on it but then it brought  the page back up with the statement above.  I was pretty excited about that one.  I'm actually on my way to New Zealand  via Hawaii so this is just a small part of my journey.  Once I finish up my other connecting flights I will start another thread regarding Hawaii.  It's interesting because I found HIlton rates for $111 when I searched earlier with the ability to cancel.  I'm going to keep working on this since I have lots of time but now I realize I should be checking Priceline as well.  I'm thinking rates will go up as it gets closer to December because of the holidays.  I do want to get this part of my itinerary firmed up soon.  Those Hotwire deals didn't seem so good after the Priceline deal :). 

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

4* LAX - Los Angeles Airport for $77
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Hyatt Regency or the Sheraton Gateway... both would be a very nice discount vs. a room booked thru conventional booking channels

Is the deal above the one that you're trying to purchase... as i CAN get to the booking page when clicking the link above.  Do you get the 'no longer' available message when you click the link above OR only once you enter all of your credit card information?

I finally got to the booking page using your link but as soon as I started to fill in the information I received the same statement that it is no longer available.  I tried going in new again and it still shows this property but I can't book it.  It still shows as an active property.  I even tried another browser thinking that might be the problem but it didn't help.

In the situation above the room is usually no longer available, but hopefully / often more inventory will be added in the next day or two.  Offers that are no longer available are usually removed very quickly (instantly... or within 24 hours) but it can take longer when a stay is very far off.

I would leave it along and try the link above tonite or tomorrow morning.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress (or hopefully success)!

I've tried a couple more times to book the room on Priceline.  Each time I get completely through the booking process including credit card details.  I even get a confirmation from my credit card company.  Then when it processes I get the message that the room is no longer available.  Very frustrating.   I've never had this problem with Hotwire.  I can understand if the room isn't available but they should either take it off the site or let me know at the beginning of the booking process.  I will  keep my eye on both Hotwire and Priceline and let you know where I end up.  Thanks again for your help.

I finally got fed up with PRICELINE.  That property has been on their website for at least 10 days.  I wonder if it was ever a legitimate property.  Anyway, I used the $12 off on the $113/night on HOTWIRE which was the Hyatt.  I was satisfied to book that room for $101.  Of course $77 would have been much better but I was tired of dealing with Priceline.  Oh, another funny thing that I have never seen before on Hotwire--once I clicked on the property there was a statement that the last person that booked that room ended up with the Hyatt.  I have never seen that before.  Thanks again for your help!

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you ultimately got this stay settled (thru HOTWIRE if not PRICELINE) and that you're pleased with the results.

If using HOTWIRE in the future note that the 'Last person got ___' information is in relation to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily relative to the underlying hotel currently being offered (so you know that the hotel mentioned is one possibility of a hotel of that star rating in the zone, but it doesn't say anything as to the underlying

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]