Hotwire Hotel: Waikiki Beach 4* 12/17/17-12/21/17

tcmary
By tcmary,
in

90% recommended.

The full amenities are:  Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Oceanfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I am looking for oceanfront and this is one of two that are currently listed. Thanks for your help!

HOTWIRE:

4* Waikiki Beach for $203.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Oceanfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess would be the Hyatt.

Would this possibility be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for (desired budget, zones and any other factors) and we would be more than happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Thanks for keeping us updated and definitely let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Not if it is the Hyatt which is across the road from the beach and doesn't have private beachfront.  I assumed "oceanfront" meant directly on the water.  I am looking for one of the few direct oceanfront properties in Waikiki Beach and would like to find something up to $200 per night if possible.  I realize this might be hard to come by but once in awhile it does.  I've stayed at the Sheraton a few times and even though it is super busy I like being on the water.  I've always booked the Sheraton through Hotwire with some very good deals.  I would consider paying more for the right property.  I'm certainly open to ideas but having direct frontage is a must for me.  Thanks!

Would this one work for your needs (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided links):

4* Waikiki Beach - Beach Walk for $178
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give it some thought.  Not super excited about that hotel but I'll read the latest reviews and see if that changes anything.    I'll also do more checking and let you know if I come up with something.  Thanks!

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

You can also try using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (or if looking for a back-up reservation in the meantime, RefundableRates.com) which will allow you to zoom in on the map and view hotels (along with star ratings and prices directly on the map) along the beach.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any idea what hotel this one might be:

$221.  75% recommended (4 hotwire reviews).  TripAdvisor:  4 out of 5.0  Rating from 5,890+ reviews

Amenities:  Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities

Thanks!

I'm also curious about this one although it's not on the water.  $241 5 star, 90% recommended (11 hotwire reviews), TA 2,625 reviews 4.5.  This is a little more than I want to pay but would consider for the right property.  Here are the amenities:

Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* Waikiki Beach for $221.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
==>  The Sheraton would be a possibility in this case.

5* Waikiki Beach for $241.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Trump would be a maybe, but not certain.

PRICELINE EXPRESS: (please confirm the correct dates are showing on the landing page after clicking the link below.)

5* Waikiki Beach - Beach Walk for $245
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Trump and you can also use the coupon code in my signature below.

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

I, as well, thought the $221 4 start might be the Sheraton Waikiki which I would book.  Two things are holding me back.  There are only 4 Hotwire reviews which I find odd since I've booked this property a couple of times in the past so there should be lots of reviews.  Does Hotwire pull hotels off their site and when they put them back on start all over with reviews?  The reviews on TA seem to fit.  The other concern I have is the resort fee.  The resort fee for the Sheraton is $34.55 and the resort fee on Hotwire is $31.41.  Any more thoughts on this property?My top two choices are the Sheraton Waikiki or the Surfrider.  As for Priceline I am getting a bit frustrated with them although I keep checking the site.  I've tried to book two hotels on the site and it lets me get all the way through the booking process before I'm informed the hotel is no longer available.  One of the properties is still up on their site and it has been over a week.  I also find it a little harder to determine which hotel on their site but that is probably because I don't use it as much.  I've decided I'm not interested in the  5star if it is Trump Tower.  Thanks again for your help.  Very much appreciated.

HOTWIRE does sometimes reset the number of reviews if a property is upgraded/downgraded (since the same experience can differ if the guest purchases a 4* hotel but has a 3.5* type of experience... so if the hotel is ultimately downgraded sometimes the number of reviews will reset)

As for the resort fee it is an approximate figure, sometimes includes tax, sometimes not, and sometimes is not up-to-date with any recent changes the hotel may have made in regards to the fee (and for any of these reasons the amount can different on the 'retail' and 'opaque' side of HOTWIRE)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Oh, gosh, this is a tough one.  Usually I have a much better feel for it.  Also, I don't usually book this far ahead.  In your experience are prices higher 6 months in advance or should I bide my time?  I realize you might not have an answer to that question but you see this stuff all the time so I thought you might have an idea.

Nobody can see if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip... it all depends how actual supply/demand (new reservations and cancellations) come in to expected new reservations/cancellations)

However, keep in mind that besides price risk, there is also hotel risk, in that this property is guessed to be one of the ones that you are hoping for... this offer could disappear at any time and be replaced with offers that you don't like as much.

You could also see if this property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your trip and then still offered for the balance.  If so, purchase the one solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'... if it's the property you're hoping for (or that you will be happy with) then immediately purchase the remaining nites; if not make other plans for the balance of your trip.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do or how we can be of further help.

Thank you so much for your help.  I decided to book a unit at Waikiki Shores directly with the owner.  This works out well for me.  Good price and location.  I've thought about staying there before and decided to give it a try.  You can close this thread now.   Mary

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]