Priceline Hotel: Xmas in NY

Sobotta
By Sobotta,
in

Hi, I will be trying to bid on a Midtown East hotel.

The thing is I have previously been very successful at this and got a great deal on both the Benjamin and the Lexington Doubletree.

However, one time I got the W and I really did not enjoy that.

So my question is, is there a strategy to try and get a priceline 4 star on Midtown East while escaping the W on Lexington altogether?

Thanks

When bidding on PRICELINE there is now way to target, or avoid, a specific property in the zone... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid. 

If you're hoping to target/avoid a specific property PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE is usually a better option as you can often use details about the property to take a guess as to what it is that you may likely receive... or at least exclude the hotel you're hoping to avoid from the possibilities (ie- if the hotel you want to avoid does not have a pool you can 'safely' choose any property that lists Pool as one of the amenities)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm very familiar with NYC... let us know how you'd like to proceed, as well as your maximum budget for this stay (per nite before fees/taxes), and we will try to be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, please confirm your maximum bid price (before fees/taxes) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, to confirm, your are only interested in the MTE zone? (if there are other acceptable zones but you are not including because you think they will be over your budget please include them anyway)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think we can substantially lower your budget so please let us know if any of the following would be acceptable:

Club Quarters Grand Central for $133/nite (in PRICELINE's Grand Central zone but about 2 blocks from the start of the MTE zone)

OR

I assume the The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection  for $159/nite would be OK (given it's 4* rated and in PRICELINE's MTE zone)

If either/both of the above are acceptable, would you prefer either of these at this price (since it also helps you avoid the W New York that you're hoping to avoid) or would you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE (with a maximum bid somewhere near $159/nite since you could always just take the guessed Lexington at that price... and bidding any higher than this you could still end up with the Lexington but ultimately pay more for it)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]