Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3.5* Hotel 6/22 - 6/26

greenwood
By greenwood,
in

I am looking for a hotel in a walking distance to Broadway theater area.

I consider Times Square amd Central Park South. Is Rockefeller Center a good location?

Which location is better as a family vacation?

Which location is cheapest among the three?

I still have some time so I can try multiple bids. What will be a good starting price on those location?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Bidding only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy. While you can contact the hotel after booking to request more than one bed, the hotel could say no or charge more. In NYC, unfortunately it's highly likely the hotel will say no. If you need two beds, I would suggest using HOTWIRE, where you can search for the amount of people in the party (and get bedding - may be 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed) for the amount of people indicated. Some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings will also show bed choice as an option, although 2 beds may not be one of the options listed.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you look at the Central Park zone on PRICELINE, if you were to receive a hotel that was in the northeast corner of the zone (say 60th St and Park Are) would you consider that to be close enough to the 'Theater District' to be walk-able? (it's do-able, but probably about 20 minutes for an adult... not sure how a young child would handle it)

Do you really need to be walking distance to the theater area?  How many times do you intend to go to the theater this trip... usually being a short taxi ride OR near a subway line is 'convenient enough'.

Have you been to NYC before?  What are your plans while in the city?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Walking distance to the theater is better to have but not a requirement.

I have been to New York 10 years ago and I stayed at one of the hotels in that area(I cannot remember which hotel it was), and I have a good memory.

We will hang around in the city(city tour, museum, musical, ...) using subway so if there is any other recommended place, I am willing to try that.

I prefer a safe place so that I can take a walk at night.

Here are some of the better options i'm seeing within your budget (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $159
Pets Allowed
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York Times Square West

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $160
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> beset guess Club Quarters Midtown or Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center

4* Empire State Building Area for $188 (still within your budget when using the promo link in my signature)
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Arlo Nomad which may not be as close to the Theater District as the ones above gets great reviews (as well as ensures as least a Queen sized bed)

4.5* Chelsea Area for $171
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> INNSIDE New York Nomad (again, may not be as close to Theater as some of the others, but hotel gets very good reviews)

Are any of the above of interest at these prices (less an additional 5%) OR do you prefer to bid on PRICELINE?  If you'd like to move forward by bidding please confirm which zones you'd like to bid on, as well as your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, or how it goes if you take one of the above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm hoping the administrator can respond.  I have read through the materials but I'm still completely befuddled about how this works.  Similar to greewood, I want a hotel (2 people two nights, June 21-23) in the Times Square Theater district.   Is what I see in your 8:56 post what I might be likely to get if I use the Priceline Express Deals?  I would LOVE to get that Doubletree for for 159!   How do I either get that or get a sense of what I will get in I use the Express Deals option or place a bid.  I really just don't understand. Many thanks for your help!

fluffyduffy,

Welcome to BetterBIdding!

Rates, and hotel offers, are date specific... for help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC (either find the START NEW TOPIC button or follow the prompts after clicking the blue button at the top of the page that states 'BIDDING HELP Ask a QUESTION and GET HELP for your trip'

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]