Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Brooklyn Downtown) New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

blkjck1
By blkjck1,
in

Planning my annual extended trip to New York.  Wondering if the board agrees with my conclusion.  On a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, came up with the following for a 4 star hotel:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thinking this is the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge over the Sheraton.  Have stayed at both, but much prefer the Marriott.

Proud to be Canadian!

I would agree that the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above is more likely the Marriott than the Sheraton.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As mentioned earlier, we hypothesized that the original bid was the Marriott as opposed to the Sheraton.  I broke up the reservation as I will be arriving earlier than my wife, and I could live with the Brooklyn Sheraton if I got it wrong for those days that I was alone. I wanted to be sure, as we're celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, and wanted to get a great hotel for the time we'll be in New York together.  Will post that win in a separate post.  

The most recent PRICELINE EXPRESS listing had the following amenities:

Business Center, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities.  

After winning the listing, the added amenities were: Spa, Swimming Pool and Handicap Accessible.

All in price (without entering the BB 5% discount :blink:) was $611.  Best prepaid price on the Marriott's website for the same dates was $1210.85, for savings of just over 49%.

Nice to have had the chance to do a Priceline booking after a few years' inability to do so for family reasons.   And of course, I used the board's PRICELINE link.  

Proud to be Canadian!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the one you were hoping for and are looking forward to your arrival for this leg of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

... and Happy Anniversary!:wub:

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]