Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Magnificent Mile help

sjb456
By sjb456,
in

Hi,

I've new to online hotel bidding - it is a bit overwhelming looking at Priceline.  

I'm going to Chicago and want to stay on the Magnificent Mile from August 17-20.  I'm Canadian, and the dollar is pretty bad right now, with the exchange rate, so I'd love a great deal.  Suggestions on when to bid (now? closer to the date?) and what to bid would be greatly appreciated.  We'd also be willing to do an "express deal" or any other way to get a good deal.  $150-250 US would be good.

TIA!! :)

Welcome to Betterbidding.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS I'm seeing: (Please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking on the link below.) With the PRICELINE EXPRESS listings, you can also use the coupon code in my signature.

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $155
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess here would be the Monaco. If the Monaco, this isn't on the Mag Mile, but it's right near the Michigan Ave bridge, making for a very central location looking at the city as a whole. North of the bridge, there's Michigan Ave, while if you head a bit South there's Millennium Park and Art Institute. With a 9+ customer rating on the listing, this Kimpton property gets excellent reviews. 

4.5* Downtown - River North for $182
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess here would be the Palomar, another Kimpton property. This hotel opened a few years ago and is in the core of the River North area - tons of restaurants and nightlife nearby, plus easy walk to Michigan Ave. The subway is also right out front.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest? Definitely no need to go to the top end of your budget, as I think there's very nice options towards the lower end of that $150-250 range. The Air/Water show does take place during this period (19th/20th.) Please let me know if you have any hotel questions before booking and I'd be happy to answer any city questions, as  well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]