Hotwire Hotel: Manhattan only March 2018 - Too soon to bid ??

jairmatoso
By jairmatoso,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip so the best advice is to book once your plans are firm and you see a hotel that appears to be a good deal for your dates of travel.

Note that you may see very different rates for the beginning of March vs. the end of March as this is typically on the cusp of when we rates in NYC change from the end of low-season to the start of high-season.

What are the actual dates of your trip?  As you mention you'll be traveling with family, how many rooms/adults/children do you need accommodations for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response ...

Actually, i was thinking about just one room for 3 adults and one child (3 years old). From 3/3/18 to 3/8/18. 5 days ...

I would love to get rates below 100 for a 3/4 star hotel.

Is that possible in times Square or Financial discrit area ?

Thanks again

Here is the issue...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel and many NYC hotels have a high percentage of rooms that only have one bed (and rooms with two beds are often considered an upgrade from standard and cost more)... so there is a bit of risk if bidding since you could receive a room that can't accommodate 4 people.

PRICELINE EXPRESS may be an option if you can find an offer that also shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of the types shown has 2 beds.  Technically your purchase is sitll only for double occupancy, but i don't yet know if anyone who has had an issue showing up with more than double occupancy when a specific bed type was purchased that is designed to accommodate the number of guests traveling. (so i would say a much lower risk than bidding if you're able to find a room that offers a 2 bed choice option)

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees accommodations for everyone you include in your search.  While this usually means 2 beds in the room the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc... and keep in mind that in NYC the price may also increase when you search for quad occupancy.

To give you a realistic idea of pricing...

Searching HOTWIRE for 3adults/1child for your dates i'm seeing the following offer:

3.5* HOTWIRE Empire State Building for $133.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Hyatt Place New York Midtown South which gets excellent reviews, and given the regular retail rate of $204/nite, the above would be a nice discount vs. a regular rate booking

Any PRICELINE EXPRESS offers i'm currently seeing with at least 2 beds starts at about $150+.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone ...

Need some help to find a great location for 3 adults and 1 child (3 years old). I've already been looking some great prices like $ 130 for 4* Wall street area hotel but id rather to stay in times square area, but im all ears for advices about locations to stay. Just keep in mind that my Mom (75 years old) will be with me and can´t walk around that easily ...

Thanks everyone

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

1 hour ago, jairmatoso said:

I've already been looking some great prices like $ 130 for 4* Wall street area

To make sure we're comparing apples-to-apples, are you including 1room/3adults/1child in your HOTWIRE search/

1 hour ago, jairmatoso said:

id rather to stay in times square area

What would be your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) to stay in the Times Square area?

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Ok! Sorry about that!

To make sure we're comparing apples-to-apples, are you including 1room/3adults/1child in your HOTWIRE search/

Yeah! For 2 adults the rate is about $ 100 

What would be your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) to stay in the Times Square area?

I guess $ 150 plus taxes!

Unfortunately, the potential Hyatt Place is no longer showing for these dates.

When searching for 3adults/1 child for your dates on HOTWIRE:

3.5* Times Square South for $140.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Holiday Inn Times Square would be a possibility.

3.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $139.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  A guess would be the Belvedere

I'll also note on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3.5* Central Park South for $89
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Fitness Center
>>>A guess would be the Shoreham. The base rate is $89, but if you look on the detail page, there's a 2 bed suite for $141 as one of the bed options.

Would any of these possibilities be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]