Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Orlando-I-drive North) Holiday Inn and Suites Orlando Universal

seannyd
By seannyd,
in

I'm heading down to Universal in May. Checking in 5/16, checking out on 5/19. I would really like to stay at Cabana Bay for ~$100 a night or so. If I can't make that happen, I'd rather just stay off site for much cheaper. I've been looking at the amenities listed and this site states that Cabana Bay on Hotwire lists: Resort, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Fitness, Free Internet, Golf, Laundry. Should I be definitely looking for all 7 of those under one amenity description? Are there more possible? 

Obviously there isn't any way to be 100% certain on getting the hotel you want, but am I barking up the wrong tree with my attempt? I've seen people booking around the price I'm looking for with different amenity lists on this forum so I'm just trying to cover all my bases. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The last time we saw this hotel reported was 2 years ago in this Hotwire Universal hotel thread (and that may be the only time it has been reported to the board)... so the amenity set associated with this property would have changed since that time.  Also, given this property is not won very frequently, i think the chances of you landing this hotel are very low, as it would appear that they don't offer inventory to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE very often.

It is usually best to use the opaque providers to first see what is offered that meets your needs (minimum star rating, desired amenities, zone location, budget, etc) and then try to determine what hotel(s) it is that is being offered to ensure that it will work for your plans and that it is a good deal for the price offered... doing this process in reverse (ie- choosing a hotel that you want and then hoping it is offered for your dates) will usually only set up you for disappointment when the hotel you decided you wanted isn't being offered.  Your current approach may workin area where there are only 1-2 hotels in the zone of the star rating of the hotel you are hoping for, but it usually doesn't work out so well in an area where there are dozens of hotels OR when the hotel you are seeking is the typically the most expensive in the zone.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your insight. I'll probably end up purchasing through more conventional means if I absolutely decide I have to have this particular hotel. I just didn't know if there were any shortcuts that might give me a leg up when searching for a deal. 

If I decide not to go with Cabana Bay, my requirements are rather low as I just need a clean place to lie my head. Mostly was hoping to be within walking distance to the theme park. If I can't make that happen, then no need to be so stringent. 

Appreciate the quick response! 

If you decide to purchase this hotel thru traditional booking channels, it would be appreciated if you used our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (which would also be helpful if you goal is to find a hotel that is within walking distance to the park)... enter the address of the park entrance and then search within a 1 mile radius of that address; you'll then easily see what is nearby and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Once you decide what it is that you would like for this trip (specifically Cabana Bay, a different hotel that is nearby, or If you decide you're more flexible and looking for the best price for a hotel in the area) let us know and we will try to be of further help.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given that Cabana Bay was probably out of the question for the price range I was looking for, I ended up using the HOTWIRE link to book my stay at Holiday Inn and Suites Orlando Universal Studios for $74 a night. Since there were no other hotels that fit the amenity set and TripAdvisor review score/number of reviews, I knew it had to be that one. 

So still in walking distance and a hotel that has a lot of great reviews. 

Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you found something within your budget that has a good location and will work well for your needs.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you searched using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]