MCO car rental companies for Priceline

Serendipity.Maybe
By Serendipity.Maybe,
in

Dear Fellow travelers, I am travelling to MCO and am shopping for rental cars for 4/5 (pick up 9:00pm) through 4/11 (drop off 2:00pm). The best deals I see are hotwire's hot rate car "In terminal" deal at $202 and priceline express deal at $172.  All the companies listed in the priceline and hotwire deals but Sixt are in terminal at MCO airport, (although hotwire still lists Sixt as one of the companies in the "in terminal" deal). I am travelling with a child and don't want to take a shuttle to the rental car place at 9:00pm. I was hoping to get some insight on the car companies for the recent express deals and/ or hot rate cars people may have purchased at MCO airport so I can make a decision on whether or not to purchase from priceline or hotwire. 

I would be really grateful for your help and look forward to hearing from you! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Even if the last 20 rentals in this area were awarded by non-Sixt companies, it says little about what you will actually win for your own rental, which is for a different set of dates (and has different supply/demand characteristics) vs. the others historical wins.

My advice would be:

-think about how much you would need to save to have an off-airport location (if you saved $100 would you take the off-site location, $50?, $25?)

==> if $30 is enough savings to take the off-site location then purchase the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (although i don't see the $172 offer... how are you pulling up this offer?)

==> if $30 is not enough savings, then take the HOTWIRE offer that indicates that the rental counter is in the terminal... should you end up with Sixt then contact HOTWIRE and insist on the a refund give that the rental offer was advertised as being in terminal but in reality is not (i can't say how they will respond to this, but they are generally pretty good about making a refund when the offer was incorrectly represented)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]