Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park) Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago

mcbmd
By mcbmd,
in

5* magnificent mile

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms.

2 adults. $239 - August 31-Sept 3.

Need to be at the Trump for a wedding. Wedding party has a block of rooms - just seeing if i can get it cheaper.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $239.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> i'm not 100% certain, but my guess for this one would be The Trump

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll also guess the Trump in this case, but if you're  not locked into the Trump, there are cheaper options within a reasonably easy walk (or ultra-short cab ride) as this zone really isn't that big. Let me know if you have any hotel (or city) questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you see:

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $132.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  My guess would be Westin Michigan Ave. 

Would this option be of interest?

Personally, for about $25 more, I'd rather:

4.5* River North for $158.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Possible match for the James, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. If so, easy walk to the Trump.

Please keep all posts for this stay within this thread - thanks.

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities,
Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible,
Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

These were the amenities listed on the BiddingHelper.com

I'll still guess for the 4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $132.00 (

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities,
Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible,
Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower)  that the Westin Michigan Ave is likely. 

Would the potential James mentioned above for about $25 more be of any interest? I think that's a nicer hotel than the Westin Michigan Ave and would put you about 0.5Mi closer to the Trump.

There is always the chance that things have changed since a hotel was last reported and something else may appear, but:

HOTWIRE:

4.5* River North for $158.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  The James has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would remain my best guess. With a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating, the underlying property gets excellent reviews. 

• 2 months later...

OK, so I still haven't booked this trip. Buddy has been hounding me to stay at the Trump and I keep putting him off. Now seeing a 4* in the River North district for $112 per night. Thinking it may be the Hotel Chicago. 

Dates are 9/1-9/4

1 Room 

2 Adults

4* River North

Amenities on Hotwire:

Boutique

Business Center

Fitness Center

Internet Access

Restaurants

Smoke-Free Rooms

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accesibility

Amenities using bidding helper

Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Do you think it is the Hotel Chicago? If so that's only a block or two away from the Trump, right?

What is the wedding rate that you can get at the Trump?

Is your buddy hounding you to stay at The Trump the groom or just another wedding guest?  Are you in the wedding party?

If you could save $100/nite and be nearby the Trump, is that something you would do... or have you not yet made up your mind if you would stay outside of the wedding hotel at any price?

Lastly, your dates have changed since originally posted, are your dates still now confirmed and you're ready to book a hotel for this trip now or are your plans still up in the air?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Haha. He is the groom and yes I am in the party. My dates are final though.

Edit:

Sorry forgot to answer your other questions.

Wedding rate at the trump is $279 per night plus taxes and fees - I think it comes out to ~$310 per night total.

So I am looking at ~$1000 total vs. $425 to stay at the hotel I referenced above (the hotel chicago?)

This offer:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $112.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> matches previous reports in the Hotwire Hotel List for the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection so that would indeed be our best guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Any thoughts on this property? I am down to this one, a 4.5* in the River North on HOTWIRE for $161/night (which I am pretty sure is the Kimpton Palomar), or just booking the Intercontinental for $179 per night.

Or I guess a 4.5* at $165/night, which (I think) is the James.

It used to be the House of Blues Hotel (the HOB is still next door.) Certainly nice location, easy walk to River North restaurants. In terms of getting to Trump if that's where you have to be, I'd just do a short-cut - if you walk across State st heading East, you should see the AMA Plaza. You should be able to just walk along the river over to Trump. If you are just looking for a nice place to sleep that's literally a couple of minutes walk  from where you need to be, it's certainly a very good deal as rates go for these dates.

I also do see what appears to be the Monaco (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $146
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>I'll guess this is the Monaco, which is a very nice hotel that's essentially on the opposite side of the river from the Trump.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

OK, I finally did it. I actually booked the 4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $145. 9/1-9/4. 1 Room 2 Adults. Amenities: 

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

And indeed it was the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.

Thanks to thereuare and aaronjb for assistance.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the wedding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]