Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) The James Chicago

sarahd22
By sarahd22,
in

I am looking for a 4* or higher hotel in either the Magnificent Mile/Water Tower area or River North from 9/8-9/12. I would love to be under $200 per night, but would spend up to $250. Looking at the calendar of wins, it looks like under $200 could be doable, but not currently seeing anything for that price. Any recommendations on when i should pull the trigger on a hotel?

Currently, i am showing $227 per night for 4.5* Mag Mile hotel:

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Business center, Children's activities, Fitness center, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

or $214 4.5* River North Hotel:

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Golf nearby, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

Thoughts on what either of these hotels are?

Thank you!

There are two fairly large conventions going on during portions of this period, unfortunately.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

I'm seeing:

4.5* River North for $214.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely the James

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $226.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  No guess

On PRICELINE EXPRESS: (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $206
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be Omni - bed choice options on the detail page are all suites.

Also on HOTWIRE:

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $182.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Wyndham Grand Riverfront.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay (there is a risk that they can head higher.)

Would any of the above hotels be of interest? If not,let us know more about why and we can research to see if anything else is available within your desired budget.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks! I used the bidding helper tool and this is what i found. Any thoughts? Open to suggestions too. Never stayed in Chicago before. Going to a cubs game and taking a day trip to notre dame. 

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $211

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $226

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Children's activities

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $211.00
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Omni would be a guess, but as noted above, cheaper on PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely the James

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $226.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  No guess

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Definitely take the Red Line to the Cubs Game and leave early. Wrigley Field area is actually quite nice so if you're there 30-45-60 minutes early, it's a nice area to stroll around. Let me know if you have any city questions at all.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

ok, finally getting back around to booking this. Thoughts on what hotel this is? Thinking maybe the gwen? If so, does anyone have any feedback about that area and specific hotel?

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby

I'm seeing:

4.5* River North for $197.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Would likely be the Gwen. If so, would be a great choice. Location couldn't be any better - this is right on Michigan Ave (the hotel is above the Shops at North Bridge mall.) This is a very nice property that used to be the Le Parker Meridien. 

• 1 month later...

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet and kicking myself for not grabbing the $197 per night.

Any thoughts on what these priceline express deals are? Trying to stay around $200 per night. 

4 star - Mag Mile $144 per night

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Bed Choice

4.5 - River North $202 per night

Business Center

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Bed Choice

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $144
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>> Guess would be the Whitehall or Public. 

4.5* Downtown - River North for $203
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the James.

The James is a very nice property in a great location. The Whitehall and Public are not optimal - I think the Public is the nicer of the two, but a less central location at the very top of the zone area - but for $144 on a busy period, it's a less expensive option if you are primary just looking for a place to sleep. The Whitehall offers a moderately better location, but the Public did a very nice job on the re-design. That property was the Ambassador East, which was a highly historic property. The building itself is still an old building, but they gave it a very nice revamp. Good service as well (at least in my experience.)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I looked again at the $203 4.5 star on priceline express deals and noticed it gave a bed choice of:

King Bed - Executive Room$203/night

King Bed$255/night

2 Queen Beds$275/night

1 Bedroom Suite - King Bed

Could this be the Godfrey? Would prefer the James and do not know much about the Godfrey but read it may be loud?

Earlier today wasn't seeing bed choice with the 4.5*, but am seeing the listing with bed choice now and I would agree with the Godfrey guess. I thought the Godfrey was actually quite a nice hotel and a hotel that I'd happily stay at again. I really like that location in River North and thought service was very nice. The concern with the Godfrey is the hotel bar with retractable roof on the 4th floor. If you can request higher floor, won't be an issue.

I also see on HOTWIRE:

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $246.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Guess would be the Ivy.

4.5* Riverwalk - North Loop for $240.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Londonhouse by Hilton.

Are you looking to a particular area/style?

• 1 month later...

Ideas on these two? I want to finally book today and with the priceline coupon the rates are within $10 of each other. 

Hotwire:

River North 4.5 Stars - $199 per night

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

---Is this the Godfrey?

Priceline Express:

River North 4.5 Stars - $218 per night

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

---Is this the James or the Westin?

Best guess / comments for each (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $199.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> The Godfrey Hotel Chicago

4.5* Downtown - River North for $218
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The James Chicago would be my best guess here

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]