Hotwire Hotel: 4* Tampa (Downtown) The Westin Tampa Harbour Island

goethe
By goethe,
in

Amenities included: Pet friendly, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, internet access, golf nearby

Also uses the headline: "New To Hotwire Hotel in Downtown Tampa"

I'm mainly writing to suggest NOT staying at this hotel: it's a Westin in name and bed only. The hotel is run-down on almost every level. I can speak to my room from this point of view: the carpet outside the room was wet and dirty (addressed it with the front desk but nothing was done); the carpet inside my room was damp but I didn't notice this until late the first night I was there. I addressed that with the front desk who said he was turning people away so I was kind of boxed in from being able to get a new room. Toilet needed to be fixed while I was there; none of the bath fixtures fit the holes cut for them. Staff was friendly but not proactive. At best, this a 3*.

I suggest paying the extra bucks ($30/night) to stay at Le Meridien, the other 4* option in Tampa Downtown (95% sure). The other issue with the Westin Harbour Island is that it's isolated from everything except the Convention Center. If you're there on business, it should work fine, but if you're trying to get around town, it costs $26/night to leave your car there and you need to build in 10-20 minutes just to get back on the mainland if there's any traffic. 

Conveniently, Hotwire asked for my feedback and when I tried to hit the thumbs-down button, Hotwire shot me an error message. If anyone knows how to gain any traction with Hotwire, I'm all ears.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]