PA Philadelphia Doubletree Hotel Downtown

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Just returned from a really nice one night stay (2/18-2/19) at the Doubletree Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia. Booked this on Hotwire for $68/night. Well worth that price and then some. Great location, right in the heart of CC Philly at Broad and Locust.

Checked in yesterday 2 hours early without issue. Front desk reception was pleasant and efficient. Was given the standard Doubletree cookies that were still warm! Nice touch.

Room was on the 6th floor - Room 606. Standard size hotel room with 2 queen beds. View was nothing to speak of, but fine given the price paid. Room was very clean. Bathroom, adequate size, also very clean. Neutrogena toiletries in bathroom. Beds were EXTREMELY comfortable - one of the best I have ever slept on, honestly. Coffeemaker in room with the usual options. Nice array of Philadelphia-based magazines displayed in the room as well. The only thing wrong was that our door stuck a little, so you really had to slam it to close it properly.

Parking is $18/day, typical of downtown Philly prices.

There is a lounge in the lobby (Standing O Bistro) and the Academy Cafe is located on the 2nd floor. We did not use the restaurant(s), opting to eat out instead, for both dinner and breakfast. Dinner at Rouge on Rittenhouse Square was very good and breakfast at the Marathon Grille (2 blocks away from hotel) was excellent. Although, I did notice that the prices for room service seemed quite reasonably for that particular service.

Indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center all located on the 5th floor.

Philadelphia Inquirer delivered to room in the morning.

Every employee I met at this hotel greeted me with a smile and a pleasant greeting. Concierge was helpful as well - a friend in our group wanted to purchase lottery tickets last evening for the big Powerball drawing and the Concierge called the local store to see if they were still selling before we walked over in the cold. I left my bags this afternoon after I checked out for a couple of hours to shop before I went home and when I returned - they were retrieved quickly and efficiently - service was really good at this hotel, especially given the fact that they were sold out for the night.

Great price, wouldn't hesitate to recommend and stay again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]