Germany Munich Marriott Airport

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

The Munich Airport Marriott is not in Munich but in a city called Freising, about 20 km from Munich. It's not really near the airport, but around 8 km from the airport. They offer a shuttle service (against a fee; but I didn't use it because I had a car) to/from the airport. Quite some air crews seem to stay there too.

It's near the regional hospital of Freising, so not really in the city centre of Freising, but as it's not a big city, easy to get everywhere there. I don't know how long it takes to walk to the station (which offers connections by train and by "S-Bahn" to Munich city centre) but I saw how the front desk staff showed the way to some other guests using a map. Seems to be around 15 minutes walk to the station

The hotel looks quite new, a modern building with a lot of glass. The lobby is the typical Marriott style of this region (looks similar to the Munich Marriott's lobby) and quite large. Check-In was very friendly and fast (no PL mention). I asked for a late check-out and got it without any problems. 5 minutes after I got into my room, the telephone was ringing and the front desk was asking if I was happy with the room and if I had any further wishes... a nice gesture.

The room was a little bit small but still ok and comfortable. Usual Marriott style as well, with a comfortable chair. TV had a lot of channels, for 4 Euros per stay you could get access to Germany's "premiere" Pay-TV system (3 channels of that); 15 Euros for the usual other Pay-TV channels. They have the new Marriott Sweet Sleeper bed which was really really great. I noted "foam pillows" in the wishlist (marriott.com) for my reservation and found foam pillows in the room when I checked in, nice. I was surprised not to find a coffee/-teakmaker in the room, and steam iron neither. But well, ok, no problem.

I ordered room service food (club sandwitch), which was tasty and a huge portion. Service nice there too.

The hotel has a garage (for fee) and some outside parking spaces (against charge too, but little bit cheaper). But well, you can find free parking usually in the neigbourhood too.

All over, I can recommend this hotel really - it's jut not an airport hotel which is on the airport premises, but a little bit away; and it's not a Munich city hotel. But if you want to do a little stopover here, it's no problem to get into Munich using the train.

Photos

• 3 years later...

note that the S-Bahn doesn't go to airport from Freising but a bus (635 every 20mins takes 20mins)

The fee for Shuttle is quite high: 11 EUR/Person per direction - a private parking (not the hotel one) with shuttle start with 15 EUR parking 1night, shuttle for up to 5 people both ways.

There is a park-sleep-fly package at marriott.com for 14-days parking, 1 night sleep, free shuttle and (cont.-) breakfast for 139 EUR

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]