Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Park Hyatt Chicago

ethics_max
By ethics_max,
in

Looking at a 5* in Chicago that Hotwire.com from outside your site gives a price of $186 down from $273; and using your Hotwire Easy View Function gives a price of $191.  Dates of travel are March 4 through March 11.  Using your Hotwire Easy View function, amenities are: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities.

Looking at # of tripadvisor reviews from outside, the hotel says between 1,001 and 1500 - according to those #s, it would have to be Peninsula or Park Hyatt.  Two questions - why the $5 price discrepancy and how reliable are the tripadvisor ratings?  I ask because the Trump has more than 2000 reviews - and I need to avoid that.  Would take Peninsula/Park Hyatt for sure.  How confident can I be this is not Trump?  Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm currently seeing $191 in both the HOTWIRE tab and the EASY VIEW tab.  Usually prices are the same, and when not, the Easy View is cheaper the vast majority of the time, but if you're finding it to be otherwise, simply purchase form the BiddingHelper.com 'regular' HOTWIRE tab.

I'm fairly confident that the hotel above is not the Trump, and i agree with your guess of the Park Hyatt or the Penninsula (although i think the former is a bit more likely than the latter).  Should this somehow turn out to be Trump, i think you would have a good case for disputing with HOTWIRE on the premise that you were fine with any hotel other than The Trump, and were able to exclude that from the possibilities based upon the information you listed above.

Not sure of your needs for this trip, but there are also some 4.5* hotels that are nearly half the price, and my best guess(es) provided below, should these work for your plans at all (confirm your dates on the landing pages of any links provided below):

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $88
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> W Chicago - Lakeshore

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $105
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Virgin Hotels, Chicago

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $129
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago

Note that the currently offered 5* thru PRICELINE EXPRESS i believe to be the Trump, so stay away from that one.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success... we're happy to have helped!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for, and even more importantly, avoided the hotel you didn't want.:wink:

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]