To try for 5* i'd...

Bid 5* at $120, adding $5 for each re-bid zone until you hit $150

If that's rejected, try...

4* MTE $85, if rejected add

MTW and bid $95, if rejected add

MTS and bid $105, if rejected add

UM/CPS and bid $115, if rejected add

add re-bid zone and bid $125

If the 3rd bid is rejected (the $105 above) and you're nervous about leaving this to bid on the same day of arrival, post back and i'll post a slightly different strategy to bring you up to your limit of $150.

If you're not familiar with re-bid zones, you can read about them HERE. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't worry about that, as long as the lowest star rating selected is 4*.

When you bid for a star level, it's actually bidding that level or higher so when you bid 4* you're actually bidding 4* and above (so they had it checked, indicating that adding 5* was not an option for you to select in order to re-bid).

Your next bid should be able to be 4* and MTE and MTW (if 5* is also checked off by Priceline don't be concerned).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

seem to have a problem understanding how to reply :) as I posted earlier but haven't seen it. Anyway, I tried 4* MTE & MTW @ $105 - rejected; added MTS @ $105 - rejected; added UM/CPS @ $115 - rejected. Then couldn't do any more. Decided to add one more zone - UWS (no 4*s there) @ $125 and still rejected. At this point, wondering if I should try adding 3* and lowering my bid?

From my post above:

If the 3rd bid is rejected (the $105 above) and you're nervous about leaving this to bid on the same day of arrival, post back and i'll post a slightly different strategy to bring you up to your limit of $150.

You could have bid this all the way up to $150 without a problem, but you needed to stop after your 3rd bid.... now you have to make the decision what you'd like to do: lower your star rating or wait until check-in day.

My gues is that your problem replying has to do with the buttom you press to submit your reply.... you need to press ADD REPLY and not the one that says 'preview post'.

If you have any other problems with the board you can send me a Private Message or Email me thru the link at the top of the board (under the blue header) that says Email Administrator.

After waiting til last minute to book and using up all of my options on Priceline, I finally took the plunge and went with Hotwire. Price isn't too bad and the company is paying anyway :)

Amenities for this one was Restaurant, Fitness Ctr, Business Ctr, Tennis nearby

Thanks for all your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]