Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast) The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

bostonconor
By bostonconor,
in

First time trip to Chicago.  Need help with coordinating multiple hotel certificates.  I have a certificate to stay for free at any category 4 Hyatt. I assume I should stay at the Hyatt Regency Chicago as I am going to see an opera on 11/10.  I also have one for  any Hilton and one for any IHG. Any recommendations as to where I should stay and in which order. I might add a night also using hotwire or priceline. 

I'm guessing this is at the Lyric Opera House? If so, then I'd suggest not staying near it as that area really doesn't have much going on around it at night and is a ways from River North and Michigan Ave. I'm seeing the Hyatt Place RN and Hyatt on Wacker as category 4's downtown. The Hyatt Place RN does admittedly have a great location and breakfast, as well as being a newer property. The Hyatt on Wacker is a nice hotel, but it is a giant convention hotel (it's the largest hotel in the city.) So while the Hyatt on Wacker is a 4* and the Hyatt Place is a 3-3.5*, the Hyatt Place does have some things going for it.

I don't know what is included in the IHG certificate, but if the Kimptons are an option, those are some of the city's best hotels - the Allegro wouldn't be recommended from a location standpoint, but the Monaco and Palomar are terrific. 

Given locations, you could pair the Hyatt Place with the Palomar or the Monaco with the Hyatt on Wacker. That would result in minimal distance between the pairs; the Monaco is maybe 2-3 blocks from the Hyatt on Wacker. The Hyatt Place is maybe 2-3 blocks from the Palomar.

In terms of Hilton, there's the new Conrad or the Londonhouse Curio; the latter is right in-between the Hyatt on Wacker and the Monaco, so the Londonhouse and Monaco would be an even closer pairing than the Hyatt on Wacker and Monaco.

What would be your desired budget for the additional night?

Also, please let me know any Chicago city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you. Yes it is at the Lyric Opera House. Alas the Kimptons are not yet included in the IHG certificate.

I think I will stay at the Hyatt Place RN on Thursday, move to the Intercontinental on Friday and then stay at the Conrad on Saturday. 

For Sunday my budget is a flexible $150. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible as I will have already experienced some high end hotels.

However, I am open to going a little higher if the are any bargains at the high end hotels. 

PS I love Sunday Brunch. Are there any Hotels that have a luxury buffet bunch similar to the Waldorf Astoria in NYC

You have 11/9-12 as the subject; the Hyatt Place on the 9th, the IC on the 10th, the Conrad on the 11th and just to confirm, the 12th would be an extra night?

If so, luckily the night of the 12th is cheaper than the other 3 nights.

PRICELINE EXPRESS: (Please confirm that the correct date of travel - night of the 12th, checkout 13th - is showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $95
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess would be the Westin Michigan Ave.

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $137
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A guess would be the Monaco

Would either of these options be of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board!

To confirm, the Westin that you received was The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago in the Mag Mile-Gold Coast zone?

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Waldorf for a night is certainly a tremendous option and I think you have managed to line up four terrific hotels. The IC has one of the early pools on a high floor: the junior Olympic pool is gorgeous and worth a look from a historic standpoint alone.

In terms of brunch, there's Greenriver in Streeterville (which would offer views; http://www.greenriverchi.com/food-menu/), Chef Art Smith's Blue Door in the Gold Coast (http://bluedoorkitchenchicago.com/menu/). there's also brunch at ... Brunch (http://www.brunchit.com/) in River North. There's also plenty to the North of downtown, including Maison Parisienne http://maison-parisienne.com/brunch/. For something quicker, there's multiple Yolk locations (http://eatyolk.com/).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]