Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Studios-Sea World) Crowne Plaza

ilander
By ilander,
in

I booked the Crowne Plaza Universal through Hotwire on Feb 2 and at the time it was listed as a 3 1/2 star hotel. Prior to the stay Hotwire sent an email offering to cancel the reservation or give me 50 Hotdollars since they had downgraded the hotel. I took the $50 since nothing was available through Priceline at 3 star or above in the relevant price range. My wife stayed and had no complaints about the hotel. Maybe Hotwire is trying to be a little more consistent with Priceline on their ratings, which would be a good thing.

Just thought you would like to update the hotel list. Thx for your efforts in providing useful bidding information.

Steve

Thanks for the info.

Can you please include the details of your results... dates, price paid, amenities shown, etc so that we can turn this thread into a "win" (i don't see you having reported the above in another thread on the board), otherwise we'll move this to the Rating Changes Thread, but would prefer to keep it here and provide the information that will help other users.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't post the win because the information at the time was consistent with what was known by the board at time and didn't see much value added in posting the information. Here are the relevant facts:

The stay was for Fri Feb 10 and Sat Feb 11. Orlando showed a lot of sold out hotels for Saturday, I assume people using pre-valentine stays,so I had to hunt for a hotel. After trying Priceline up to $110-resort and $70 - 3*, I switched to Hotwire. I chose the 3 1/2 * for $108 per night hotel showing restaurant, pool, fitness,business, and laundry and was assigned the Crowne Plaza -Universal, which interestingly enough was showing sold out on its own website.

The downgrade of this hotel to 3* is unfortunate in my view. Now the Crowne Plaza - Universal is in the same category, and competes with the Wyndham - Orlando. Since the Wyndham usually has lower opaque rates than the Crowne Plaza, the Crowne Plaza will be harder to choose at Hotwire since only one hotel per rating category is displayed. I had much rather stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited to correct a spelling error

I didn't post the win because the information at the time was consistent with what was known by the board at time and didn't see much value added in posting the information

We'd appreciate you sharing all your winning results as it helps twofold:

1) provides a reference of how frequently hotels are appear

2) provides a reference for the last time a property was won with the amenties already known

If users didn't post when a hotel was already shown, another user may see this same hotel but as it wasn't posted as being won for more than a year, would not know how likley it was that the amenities had changes (vs. it having been one just a few weeks prior)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]