Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM/CPS) Park Central

mtlgirl
By mtlgirl,
in

I am looking to visit nyc for two nights (February 23-24).

I would like to stay in midtown and will be happy as long as I am in a central area.

Anythin 3* or above is alright, and I would like to pay around $90/night

Does anyone have a bidding strategy for me? Is $90 reasonable or will I have to go higher?

Any help would be appreciated.

What is your maximum bid?

I believe you will likley have to go higher than $90, but if you let us know your maximum bid we can suggest a strategy that tried lower first but then continues on to your maximum bid.

Just as an FYI, if you've been sitting on this reservation for awhile as per your comments in your PRICELINE TORONTO thread, i wouldn't recommend cutting it this close for future trips as you really lose your ability to lowball (as you're attempting to do) if not successful on your first round of bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you need more specifics, here are my preferred areas (in order):

upper midtown/central park south

midtown east

midtown west

midtown south

I definetly do not want to bid any higher than $115/night

I would prefer to have a 3*, but would consider a 2.5* if 3* is not possible

any help with bidding strategy would be helpful!

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MTS...

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTE, MTW, UM/CPS, and MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for that bidding strategy....although I ended up getting my very first bid! I decided to start $5 over what I had originally thought: I entered $85 for 3* UM-CPS and it was accepted- first bid!!!!

I ended up with the "Park Central Hotel" (I hope it's a nice hotel- but at this price I really can't complain!!!!)

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $170.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$35.86

Total Charges: $205.86

Thanks for all your help, it is so much appreciated!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]