Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Trump International Hotel, Las Vegas

Kaldonis
By Kaldonis,
in

I used Priceline's NYOP about a week ago to book the Trump International for 4 nights in April. I'm not thrilled with this hotel (wife isn't a Trump fan), but I understand that Priceline is pretty strict on their no changes policy so I haven't attempted to cancel.

However, we've recently convinced another couple to join us in Vegas so we'll be needing another room. I'm wondering what my chances are of being able to use this prospect of an additional booking to get them to give me a different hotel instead? Basically I'd propose that I will book an additional room if they can offer me a different hotel. Has anyone done something like this in the past, or otherwise had luck getting a different hotel than the one originally booked?

Welcome to Betterbidding!:biggrin:

Sorry to hear that the result was a disappointment. You can use the "add a room" feature under your account to see if you can add another room (although the same card has to be used, I believe.)

You can contact PRICELINE and see what they say, but they will likely say no. If you go with the Trump, hopefully the hotel will work out better than expected and exceed expectations.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thought I'd post the results of my call with Priceline...

Priceline was flat-out unwilling to do anything for me, even after escalating to a supervisor and offering to book another room & car rental.

I then decided to phone the hotel directly. They first told me to call Priceline as they couldn't do anything for me, but when pressed that all I was looking for was permission to cancel the booking, I was told that they would be willing to accept their regular cancellation fee which amounted to 1 night + tax. She gave me her name and extension and told me call Priceline back.

Called Priceline back and they were more than happy to call the hotel and confirm the cancellation fee.

After confirming everything, I asked if they would be willing to now waive the fee if I committed to booking two rooms for those same dates at a different hotel. They weren't interested, and that was that. I told them I would book through a different site.

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your experience.

While nobody likes any cancellation fees i think $90 is a reasonable amount given that you were hoping to change hotels to something more inline with your expectations and that you will have a better time if able to land the same hotel as your friends.

If you'd like to use HOTWIRE for a replacement booking, or would consider using PRICELINE again (with our assistance for a more satisfying result) feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]